Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What the !@#$^&* HE!@$

Uberoo

Just imagine the horizontal line that connects the holes in the cam. I don't really pay much attention to the "timing mark" other than generally up or generally down. I don't have timing covers on any of mine, so I just look at the holes and make sure they are "level". The human brain is much more sensitive to "lines" than to little dots. This method has yet to fail me.

And i don't do the "rotate and check" after I put them on. I just line them up, time the disty, and start it. Works every time.

GD

Anyone with in a 150 mile radius of lewiston,Id. Have experiance doing the timing on these EA82 motor?If so I will pay you gas money for you to come here and get this infernal thing to run.try as I might I can not get this thing to work.twice ive gotten it so it runs rough.Ive lost track of the times ive been sure it would run and just cranks.I dunno I suppose I could have a shop make a "house call" and fix it.shouldnt take too long,radiator is out,timing belt covers are out,grill is off.

Anyone with in a 150 mile radius of lewiston,Id. Have experiance doing the timing on these EA82 motor?If so I will pay you gas money for you to come here and get this infernal thing to run.try as I might I can not get this thing to work.twice ive gotten it so it runs rough.Ive lost track of the times ive been sure it would run and just cranks.I dunno I suppose I could have a shop make a "house call" and fix it.shouldnt take too long,radiator is out,timing belt covers are out,grill is off.

please check this it helped me with the timing of my rx. go to http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50768 if that link dosen't work it is in ultimate subaru repair manual- engine-timing belt procedure ea82. i hope this helps and i'd like to thank miles fox for this info i'd be parked without it.