Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not driver for a year can cause TB???

I meant to say "Not driven for a year..."

Some of you might remember my case. I put the engine and auto tranny from a 93 legacy into a 90 legacy. I got TB 8 out of 10 times I started the car, that includes TCU code 24 and all. The mechanic replaced the AT fluid twice, the clutch pack, and the duty c, but the problem persisted, so he put my old clutch pack back in and duty c and gave up.

The only thing that remained after he asked me to pick up the car was the fresh AT fluid. Surprisingly, now the TB is almost gone. I start the car, power light comes on, but flashes only sometimes. When it does, I turn the car off and back on and it's gone. Before, it used to flash at me almost all the time.

Now, one thing I forgot to mention in my previous posts, is that the 1993 engine and tranny were sitting for a WHOLE YEAR without being driven or even started at all.

Could this have caused the TB at the beginning?

Does it make sense that is almost gone now that I have been driving with clean AT fluid?

I post this one because I did a lot of research on TB, but couldn't find one post putting 2 & 2 together! And sorry for not mentioning that earlier...

I appreciate any feedback and will keep you all posted!

Some of you might remember my case. I put the engine and auto tranny from a 93 legacy into a 90 legacy. I got TB 8 out of 10 times I started the car, that includes TCU code 24 and all. The mechanic replaced the AT fluid twice, the clutch pack, and the duty c, but the problem persisted, so he put my old clutch pack back in and duty c and gave up.

The only thing that remained after he asked me to pick up the car was the fresh AT fluid. Surprisingly, now the TB is almost gone. I start the car, power light comes on, but flashes only sometimes. When it does, I turn the car off and back on and it's gone. Before, it used to flash at me almost all the time.

Now, one thing I forgot to mention in my previous posts, is that the 1993 engine and tranny were sitting for a WHOLE YEAR without being driven or even started at all.

Could this have caused the TB at the beginning?

Does it make sense that is almost gone now that I have been driving with clean AT fluid?

I post this one because I did a lot of research on TB, but couldn't find one post putting 2 & 2 together!

I appreciate any feedback and will keep you all posted!

Yes, that would make sense, because tranny fluid was sitting in there, but a few more tranny oil changes odd to fix the torque bind problem.