Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Non Turbo Turbo??? - Nevermind!!!

I have been writing about my tranny swap progress on the "Tranny Swap Options" thread, but figured this bit of info deserved its own thread. I went to the J-Yard yesterday and pulled a FT4WD tranny from a dead Subie wagon. It was one with the raised roof, but it looks like a tree had fallen on of it, so, now it's raised not so much:eek:. The donor car was labeled as '"Full Time 4 WD" on the rear drivers side, but not on the passenger side. I'm pretty sure it said turbo on the one label, but I can't say for sure. It had all the familliar trapping of a turbo under the hood - waiste gate assy., up and down pipe, even "the "Subaru Turbo" air channel - but there was no turbo installed. The down pipe was stock and didn't look modded. So the engine was MPFI with no turbo. I would think that taking out the turbo would make that car run crappy. Anyone seen this from the factory or is this (more likely) a mod?

Never listen to me 'cause apparently have no clue what I'm doing! Went back to the same car today and the Turbo is sitting right where it always is. For some reason I was thinking the oil line sits right on the turbo itself, not in front of it, so when I looked at it, my mind said the turbo is not there. Maybe I've been doing too much of this :drunk::drunk::drunk: lately!!!