Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The last payment oo my '00 Forester will be december '07.

I've heard there will be a total re-design for '08 models. While I think of how nice years of being payment-free will be, I can't help dreaming... anyone heard/seen any advance news on '08 subies?

I have been told that 2009 will be the next round of major changes for subaru. It could be 2008 but if you look at past development cycles, it's every 4 years. I love my 06 wagon but my 00 wagon still kicks rump roast. The 06 is faster overall but the 00 is faster off the line. The 00 is more nimble but the 06 has better overall handling. I got challenged a few times in the 00 but everyone wants to race in the 06...the dual exhaust makes it look faster than it is. Knowing what I know now, I would stick with the 00 and no payment. Just a personal opinion.

I have been told that 2009 will be the next round of major changes for subaru. It could be 2008 but if you look at past development cycles, it's every 4 years. I love my 06 wagon but my 00 wagon still kicks rump roast. The 06 is faster overall but the 00 is faster off the line. The 00 is more nimble but the 06 has better overall handling. I got challenged a few times in the 00 but everyone wants to race in the 06...the dual exhaust makes it look faster than it is. Knowing what I know now, I would stick with the 00 and no payment. Just a personal opinion.

i say the same, i had a 06 forester, and it was overall quicker, but my 1993 legacy is still more peppy, like when u floor it, the thing is gone, where as with the forester i floor it, and nothing happens. According to subaru they called it a "safety feature" are they like.... i mean if i get hit by a bus its a safety feature because the car barely takes off. lol.

There are some photos/rumors of a test mule for the Impreza/WRX which indicate some changes(framed windows,different grill, maybe 3 and 5 door hatches) for '08 or possibly '09 . Probably more HP and larger, even based on shortened Legacy and assembled in the US.

dunno about the Forester

check news&rumors and http://www.nasioc.com

Carl

I think they have tuned the engines different to get the 10 extra HP out of the same motor. My 00 legacy takes off really quick and the 06 legacy doesn't really make power until about 4K RPM. Once it does, you know it really moves for fuel injected suby. I had the 06 going 130MPH with more to give and my 00 will just barely make it to 125MPH on the same road. It's a mostly flat, very very slight downhill grade on the road for those who are wondering how you get a suby to go that fast. It's also out in the middle of nowhere for those who are thinking "what kind of jackass drives that fast".:headbang:

I also think the lack of power on the low end is why I am getting better mileage in the 06. 25MPG in the 2000 and 28.5MPG in the 2006.

Thanks for all the replies.

Reality is, I can't wait to pay off my car. But what does

car lust have to do with reality?:banana:

I hear ya on that, I didn't need a new blackberry but I just spent a fair amount of loot on the new blackberry that just came out. My cars are owned by my business so I was able to justify the new suby but I will admit I wanted it really really really bad. We bought 2 x 2006 wagons this year to go with the 00-02 wagons we already had.

I am such a subaru fan that I can't believe I didn't join a subaru forum until a few days ago.