Ultimate Subaru Message Board

There's something strange about my parts RX

Picked up my parts RX yesterday and was going over it a tad once I got it home and something jumped out at me right away. Notice anything interesting in this pic (and no it's not the XT seats):

3pointrear.jpg

Someone put in 3 point seat-belts in the back! Never seen that before, and I know no RX coupes came with them. Kinda interesting...

few other pics of my parts RX (runs and drives, but has the worst cracked head syndrome I've ever seen). The nice one is seeing 2 88' RX's sitting in my driveway :headbang:

front.jpg

2rx.jpg

I did that to my 88 XT. When I was working on it with the panels out I saw that it had the mounting points for the shoulder harness. I discovered that starting in 90 it was standard for shoulder belts. But it was optional up until then. So I found another board member here who had the belts and I put them in. Now I need to do the same thing to my 85 GL-10 sedan. It has all the mounting points for shoulder belts too.

So was it just the genuine RX's that didn't have shoulder belts in the back?

Cause my 'Omega RX' and my sisters Omega GL both have them...

I've got those same vinel/cloth seats in mine, they are nice..

I reeeeaallly want the genuine RX ground effects and spoilers, that stuff is hawt!

:headbang::) For the parts car, out of curiousity, if you don't mind too much, what kind of money would that have been over there?

Waimaks, i'm sure the rear shoulder belt has more to do with the import country's crash test requirements, and less to do with the trim level.

I keep forgetting about this, they would look really great in my 88 wagon, maybe get some mis-matched colors to confuse people.

BTW, if anyone plans on swapping retractors from different cars, they are not side to side transferable, or coupe/XT/wagon/sedan transferable. I'm 100% they are not side to side as the inertia ball is set up different, but they may be transferable between models, but i'd caution, that if the degree offset is not exactly the same as the host car, then you won't have proper lockup in an accident.

Yeah Keith, my RX has the shoulder belts too. It also looks like it has a sedan/wagon grille in it but its hard to tell in the picture from it being kinda dark. If the grille looks like the one in your sedan, then its been replaced. If you need any sort of help, let me know... cause I need the window in your back seat picture;) hehe:brow:

Reminds me, I need to pull rear shoulder belts from a Loyale for the wagon. My passengars and I would feel safer with shoulder belts. The wagon has sort of become the unofficial caravan of the band after football games... The back seat gets used quite often.

Reminds me, I need to pull rear shoulder belts from a Loyale for the wagon. My passengars and I would feel safer with shoulder belts. The wagon has sort of become the unofficial caravan of the band after football games... The back seat gets used quite often.

:lol: