Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What muffler sounds good on an ea82t? 2.5" ss exhaust no cat.

ive read some malicious comments (rare and in good fun, of course, but shots nevertheless) about some "datsun guys" on the forum, and was putting up a defense against any flak from them. i think they may be the offraod crowd anyhow, talking about soob vs datsun in the dirt.. which is just, i suppose, since the datsun 510s and 240Zs were champion rally cars into the early 90s.... when they REALLY had no business doing so.

i guess that right there is your proof for the EJ swap and abandoning the ea82 motor.... why couldnt subaru dominate in the 80s? answer: the ea82? i dunno, its a great car that I love, and i cant tell you how many times ive wished nissan had done it that way..... like the brake shoe retainer pins, thats GENIUS and im retrofitting it onto any datsun drumbrake setup i ever use from now on....

a rear wheel, spin happy ride like the datsuns??? have you ever driven a datsun on a dirt road?????? they are GREAT cars, but when you put em next to anything 4wd.. pfft for offroading, i say... PFFFT!! the pick-em-ups, now THATS different.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA How many have you gone through???

Been averaging a little over one per year :). Each one faster and more fun than the previous one.

installing a new motor soon. Going to be nice to it and make it last a while.

Then the fun begins lildevil.gif

if someone wants to do the math for the gear ratios my friend once took my xt-6 from second gear at 7,000rpm and accidently put in in first then dumped the clutch the tach was bouncing off the bottom of the dash

(1st gear ratio / 2nd gear ratio)*7000 = 1st gear RPM

That's the equation. Now just plug in the numbers for your gears.