Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need to know what springs/struts and what swaybars from what model subaru's will fit my 95 legacy L wagon without modification....

Reason being is because I need new struts soon, and I have access to oem parts........I just need to know what year parts from wrx's/legacy gt's/foresters will fit my 95....

will sways from a wrx fit a 95 legacy without modding???

Going the used OEM route would be a ton cheaper than all brand new stuff and if I can fit certain wrx/outback parts on the car, it would make it a bit beefier which would be an added bonus...only tell me what you know if you know the parts will fit for sure! Thanks!

Ninja edit: my sways are pretty rusty and peeling, and the endlinks are pretty brittle....so that's why I want to switch them for newer ones.

will sways from a wrx fit a 95 legacy without modding???

Up front, the turbo cars have a swaybar that will not fit on an n/a because of the crossmember and manifold. A 96-99 Legacy GT front swaybar would be an upgrade though, as would the rear bar. I think they're 20 and 18mm respectively.

WRX springs/struts aren't any much stiffer than yours. 02+ Impreza stuff will fit but don't get things for a sedan because the suspension geometry is different. You could use v7 or v8 JDM wagon STi take-offs. Or find some used B4 suspension. jdmpartstx.com gets that stuff in occasionaly. Whiteline makes aftermarket parts that will fit your car.

What is the point of all this? If you're going with used oem stuff get things made for your car. Other things aren't much of an upgrade anyway.

well the swaybars I can get for free or at most for 20 bucks a piece, so I might as well take them if I can get them. As for the struts, I was really thinking more of outback struts just because they raise the car up more and that's what I want without doing an aftermarket lift. I am not really going to use wrx parts because like you said, they aren't much different than what the car already has. I'd more like to replace everything with outback parts as needed. The reason why I wanted to know what year sturff works is because the 1995 outback was just a legacy with different trim and wheels...Starting in 1996 was when the real beefy outbacks came out and I wanted to know if the parts from a 1996-98 would fit a 1995. I know the cars physically look almost exactly the same but I just wanted to know if there were any internal changes besides the motor changes/updates.

Also - my car started making a chirping sound today...very faint...sounds like its coming from the driver's side front under the hood or under the car somewhere....sounds almost like a cricket.....anyone know??? It's not loud, but it's very faint and annoying. ONly happens at lower speeds (or maybe I just can't hear it on the highway.)