Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wrecked the Sube.

How far did you slide across the tar before you hit the gaurdrail? Sliding tires can burn off in wierd ways. Looks like that one was pretty bald to start with.

I just bought it in August, thanks.Bald tires are a huge peeve to me. That is newer than my photography makes it look for real apparently. non-snow treads. It is definately a chemical on the tire- it is localized and mushy and I can scrape it off, strangely. after a quick web search and question asked at yahoo it appears to be methyl ethyl ketone. The odor that goes with it matches description as well. Modern tires can take brake fluid, battery acid, etc. The chemical mentioned is used to dissolve synthetic rubbers. Now that I'm back to a hillbilly wagon some knobbier treads are going to be fit.The dump site nearby has been a source of wild chemistry for years. Total loss like bangor maine (I am not joking). Time to pack up the rust bucket- this place killed the sube. :confused:

This forum has many photos of northwest hills.. I am intrigued. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic