Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually doors are prefered to get jammed shut in a collision as opposed to flying open and ejecting people. But now the new standard is no deformation of the passenger cage so the doors always work.

heheh passive saftey is called the car not starting :rolleyes:

nipper

I rather have my doors fly open than jam shut. Seems much less trouble to take your seatbelt off and get out of the car yourself then wait for the jaws of life to arrive and cut you out.

As for the Murano, I asked a co-worker what he thought of his. He liked the truck but not the CVT. He had replaced once already and it's acting up again now. Nissan was really good about replacing it the 1st time and he's worried there's something they are not telling him.

Thanks for all the feedback.

THe tribeca is ugly overall, but the front end does grow on you. It sort of looks like a VERY old Alfa Romeo. Lots cooler looking than the toyota and honda offerings The drop down dvd in the ceiling is cool as well.

We have looked at the Toyota Highlander and Honda pilot but neither suv has any personality...other that the reliability. There's so many of them on the road too.

The murano is overpriced, but it's got all the gadgets ( like the rear facing video camera on the dash ) and is more of a luxo ride.

The cvt worries me too, but they have been using them for 5 years and there are no bad Murano reviews My wife only put 68k on her 2000 forester, so I'm not to worried about durability. I'm also an rump roast man and it has the nicest butt on any car since of a 911

That said I WISH she would just get a new legacy GT wagon, but she does want to get my same kid of car. (??) Our Forester is perfect for us....but she thinks it's getting old.:-\

Thanks for all the feedback.

THe tribeca is ugly overall, but the front end does grow on you. It sort of looks like a VERY old Alfa Romeo. Lots cooler looking than the toyota and honda offerings The drop down dvd in the ceiling is cool as well.

We have looked at the Toyota Highlander and Honda pilot but neither suv has any personality...other that the reliability. There's so many of them on the road too.

The murano is overpriced, but it's got all the gadgets ( like the rear facing video camera on the dash ) and is more of a luxo ride.

The cvt worries me too, but they have been using them for 5 years and there are no bad Murano reviews My wife only put 68k on her 2000 forester, so I'm not to worried about durability. I'm also an rump roast man and it has the nicest butt on any car since of a 911

That said I WISH she would just get a new legacy GT wagon, but she does want to get my same kid of car. (??) Our Forester is perfect for us....but she thinks it's getting old.:-\

How about another Forester ;) ?

How about another Forester ;) ?

Yee!! but did ur wife try the outback? I love it, looks so amazing!

I love this thing, one day it will be in my driveway.

subaru_outback_1_bg.jpg

Outback10s.jpg

Yaa!!! i love that thing, or one day ill spend as much as the outback and make my legacy this.

2307729_3_full.jpg

2307729_4_full.jpg

OMG i cant get my eyes of it, looks so cool!!

Er... yes she did (same color) and it is in my driveway. I love the styling and balance of the 05+ Outback design. Not much of a racer boy anymore so I didn't go for the hood scooped turbo (premium gas too:-\ with the turbo). It reminds me of the Lexus SUV but pleasantly toned (and priced) down.

Yee!! but did ur wife try the outback? I love it, looks so amazing!

I love this thing, one day it will be in my driveway.

subaru_outback_1_bg.jpg

Er... yes she did (same color) and it is in my driveway. I love the styling and balance of the 05+ Outback design. Not much of a racer boy anymore so I didn't go for the hood scooped turbo (premium gas too:-\ with the turbo). It reminds me of the Lexus SUV but pleasantly toned (and priced) down.

Videos of an H6 Outback wagon circulating an autocross track at Lime Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJIVajAIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuSng8n_BSo

Note BMW Z4 not gaining on it.....

Ford Edge is likely to seriously dent the sales of Murano and Tribeca, since people don't usually drive gag-me-with-a-spoon cars if they have other choices.

8-FordEdge.jpg

Yikes... the grill on that Ford is about as innovative as the robot from The Day The Earth Stood Still released in 1951 (See 1 Lucky Texan's avatar - Post #26 this thread)

Videos of an H6 Outback wagon circulating an autocross track at Lime Rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYKJIVajAIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuSng8n_BSo

Note BMW Z4 not gaining on it.....

Ford Edge is likely to seriously dent the sales of Murano and Tribeca, since people don't usually drive gag-me-with-a-spoon cars if they have other choices.

8-FordEdge.jpg

I wish The Wife would just get a new Legacy or Forester, but I won't pretend to understand women. She also has it in her head that you can't put 3 passengers in the back seat...since the lap belts are out of view under the seat at the moment... Yeah I told her....

We actually went ahead and got the Murano. We had a death in the family and inheritted an '02 Lexus es300 w/ 30k miles. ( No AWD though) the dealer gave us $20k for the trade in and a sweet deal on a silver '06.

Too bad subaru, you had a chance to sell a tribeca to a subaru family but they just suck too much.

I wish The Wife would just get a new Legacy or Forester, but I won't pretend to understand women. She also has it in her head that you can't put 3 passengers in the back seat...since the lap belts are out of view under the seat at the moment... Yeah I told her....

We actually went ahead and got the Murano. We had a death in the family and inheritted an '02 Lexus es300 w/ 30k miles. ( No AWD though) the dealer gave us $20k for the trade in and a sweet deal on a silver '06.

Too bad subaru, you had a chance to sell a tribeca to a subaru family but they just suck too much.

my mom wants the nissan murano too!! but she really likes the triebeca as well, guess the test drive makes the debate.

We have an 05 Nissan Quest and the Nissan V6 is a great engine, and happily burns regular. But the H6 is an outstanding engine as well.

The Tribeca weighs almost 400lbs more than a Murano (and more than 600lbs more than an Outback wagon). Perhaps the CVT helps make it more responsive than the 5EAT of the Tribeca.

Sheeesh :eek:looks like Ford has run out of ideas .....what do you think? spark

You think that's bad compared to the Tribeca? Really? With the [now discontinued] grille known in some circles as the "Winged Mangina"? The faithful descendent of the SAAB 96? Or the chromed shark tooth grille of the Morono?

An AWD vehicle that costs several thousand less than an H6 Outback and has a 265 hp V6 doesn't appeal to you? What did you buy instead?

SEMA is next week and I bet there are half a dozen aftermarket grilles available before the Edge hits showrooms. And they wont cost the $350+ that it costs to replace the Outback grille with the JDM mesh grille.

• 4 weeks later...
Just for info,the Tribeca beats *everything* in it's class and except for pure 4x4's when comparing it's AWD/VCD..nothing compares. If ya want to see some proof and need to show others how a real SUV is suppose to behave.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4999142340359932162

The only valid test in that video is the hillclimb. The other tests had so many variables in them that they were pointless. Different tires, purposefully agresssive "profesional" drivers, differing speeds, all could have contirubuted to the results. The narrator was "leading the witness" with his comments on ride quality. I couldn't see a difference in how the compared vehicles bounced.

The only valid test in that video is the hillclimb. The other tests had so many variables in them that they were pointless. Different tires, purposefully agresssive "profesional" drivers, differing speeds, all could have contirubuted to the results. The narrator was "leading the witness" with his comments on ride quality. I couldn't see a difference in how the compared vehicles bounced.

I could see 'some' of what was being mentioned.

However, I've read elsewhere that Subaru sales staff were driving those vehicles!

I dunno

Carl

///I predict that in a model year or two the front and rear will be redesigned and a turbo engine will become available that will get the same gas mileage with 70 more HP. That will make the original owners grumble.

Is that the model where gold comes out the exhaust pipe?:lol: