Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow!!!

Okay, completely unsolicited thread just to cheer for the snow last night. :banana::banana::banana: I got 11 and a half inches at my house. Didn't stop the subaru, except when I high centered it twice (once from sliding off the edge of my driveway, and once from trying to back over a 2 foot deep pile of snow the plow pushed up). I want to throw the chains on the '82 wagon and try it out in the snow too.... but I'm at work for a little longer this afternoon. Maybe I'll go take the '82 over to cut firewood this afternoon...

Z

Yeah, we had a little in Tahoe a few days ago, my favorite golf course was closed for a day or two:( .

OTOH, the day I can first use my new season pass at the ski resort draws closer:headbang: .

Which resort is that Dave?

I got 11 and a half inches at my house.

Thats crazy! Almost a foot at this time of year? I need to move.:)

Which resort is that Dave?

I went for the $99 Midweek pass at Homewood this year. The skiing at Heavenly Valley on the weekends last year wasn't ridiculously crowded, but it's a way different crowd at Homewood (or anywhere else for that matter:rolleyes: ). There's other perks that come with a season pass, not just paid lifts there:banana: .

BTW JB, the offer expires Oct 31..here's their site: http://skihomewood.com/tahoe/SITE/top/listing.cfm/activity/13/291.61831.41360806/direct?c=1

Thats crazy! Almost a foot at this time of year? I need to move.:)

:drunk:

Looks like its gonna be a lean year in this corner of the country this year...:mad:

I wouldnt say that so soon... I dont believe NOAAs forecasts after reading elsewhere right now. I'm no meteorologist or even close... but what i've read and seen so far indicates this winter is coming early, will have more precip, and will be colder... and if it isnt I'm not gonna be happy. Mt hood is already covered in snow down to the treeline, which is a couple weeks earlier than last year and that means there should be snow on my farm in 2 weeks or less(I need to hurry up and get my rig back together with a tcase...)

• 2 weeks later...

22" yesterday morning.... I got my 4wd truck stuck several times (it had all season tires on it, which suck in wet snow). Later in the day I took the subaru out. Didn't want to try it in the full depth, since it was up to the top of the hood, and wet. But it did great in the messy crunched up ice slick plow edge glosh (once I remembered to put it in 4wd :confused: -- barely made it out of the driveway at first and I couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong, till I noticed the back wheels weren't spinning)

Got our first snow yesterday, and more today. Even with summer tires on it, I made it up my driveway with my xt6 - Ask Snowman about my drive some time. Put the studded snows on last night. Bring on the snow. Even with about 3" of ground clearance, the xt6 goes about anywhere. But it's not as snow-worthy as my Brat - 14" pugs, 3" lift, and lsd - with all terrain tires, it's good, with studded snows, there are not many places I can't get that are driven by any vehicle other than a snowmobile.