Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How many miles on your conversion?

Dr. RX

The odometer had 85,000 miles on it when I did the conversion, I just passed 120,000 miles this morning on the way into work, so that means that I have 35,000 miles on my conversion with very little (nothing unusual) problems. So, how many miles do others have on their conversions?

i just turned over 10K on my EJ20G swaped wagon. i have not had a single problem. i havent even put new spark plugs in it yet. (need to do that soon).

i love it couldn't be more happy. best thing i have done for my little silver wagon.

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

Dave, I haven't changed the plugs yet either, the only problem that I have had was that the temp sensor went out, it is a bear to get to without tearing the top of the engine all apart.

I've put about 2,000 on it since I got it running in August. once I got the connections resoldered at the Crank Angle Sensor, I haven't had a problem since. little hard starting in the cold, I think I'll put the wire for the block heater back in, and change the oil for some 5W-30.

6,000 since early august when it went in.

Problems: Burning lots of oil, my fault, I screwed up rebuilding the motor.

That and it's a lot easier to abuse the snots out of the rest of the car. Something about having the front of the car lift in response to the gas pedal is satisfying.

I have occasional CEL's tripping, but that has to do with my new 02 sensor drowning in oil. 1qt a week is bad news.

I have occasional CEL's tripping, but that has to do with my new 02 sensor drowning in oil. 1qt a week is bad news.

oh man. that is bad!

I'm throwing an CEL because I haven't hooked up the vehicle speed sensor....maybe one of these days I'll get around to that....

The VSS is easy. I pulled the insrument cluster, then spliced labled wire to the tach, VSS, coolant temp, and oil pressure gauges. The vss and tach tie right into the PCM.

oh, I know. you don't even need to pull the cluster. but I just didn't have time when I finally got the thing to run. and I haven't made the time since (still haven't been able to make the blasted defroster work)

• 3 months later...

Jerry brought up mine so here it is.

Lets see - the 2.2 had around 10k on it when it was installed in 1996.

So thats 10 years, and I've been through 20 states with it.

It has a total 186,400 miles on the conversion. The odometer was reset when the conversion was done. I'd shave about 5,000 off though because of wheel/rim differences and the spedometer runs 3mph high.

--E

how long should my EJ last?is at 202K...thats before even swaping it in...:dead:

my donor car had 230k on it. I've put almost 20k on it since then....still runs like a top. 160psi compression at all 4 corners. PP6 and boost to come this summer....

they're bullet-proof. if they haven't been over-heated or run out of oil, that is.

The VSS is easy. I pulled the insrument cluster, then spliced labled wire to the tach, VSS, coolant temp, and oil pressure gauges. The vss and tach tie right into the PCM.

Hold up! I thought I checked on the VSS issue when I did the swap in my 86, and it looked to me like the voltage range was different between that and the 92 EJ22 that I swapped in. Did I miss something?