Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pricing out tranny mounts and clutch kits

Hey everyone. For those that dont know i just got a 5 speed out of a Harry's U pull it. It needed new shifter bushings and tranny mounts and a new clutch kit too i assume. I just got off the phone with the subaru dealership and the tranny mounts cost 43 dollars a piece:eek: and the clutch costs 140. The shifter bushings were really cheap at 2 bucks a piece so thats fine but does anyone know where to get tranny mounts and a clutch kit for a 2wd 5 speed cheaper than that? If i were to do it from the dealership i would end up spending more money than i did for the whole tranny.

yeah im beginning to think i might have to shell out 140 bucks for the kit and 60-80 for the tranny mounts. Im going to end up spending more on the clutch kit and tranny mounts than i did on the entire tranny and everything needed to swap it into my ride. :-\

Hey everyone. For those that dont know i just got a 5 speed out of a Harry's U pull it. It needed new shifter bushings and tranny mounts and a new clutch kit too i assume. I just got off the phone with the subaru dealership and the tranny mounts cost 43 dollars a piece:eek: and the clutch costs 140. The shifter bushings were really cheap at 2 bucks a piece so thats fine but does anyone know where to get tranny mounts and a clutch kit for a 2wd 5 speed cheaper than that? If i were to do it from the dealership i would end up spending more money than i did for the whole tranny.

I coincidentally just posted in classified section. I have mounts from a 1993 and linkage- 2wd 5spd. all was well before the wreck and still appears to be good. Had no problems at all. I didn't even spot weather cracks.

pm me if interested or my email bgd1973@hotmail.com

mailing mounts would be realistic enough.