Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt lift question

crazy D

They have 5 stud to, and you can't put a ER27 in a standard XT, so I assume they are pretty different. But we never got XT6's in Australia, so :confused:

man, how come we got stuck with the xt6 and you guys got the dual carb intakes :mad: blah

*end hijack* sorry

the suspension on them is similiar to a legacy, it's a hybred between the ej and ea setup. it bolts up similiarly but is different in places'

also the reason the er27 won't fi9t in a plain xt is the front crosmember goes the other way on a six so on a fast four it won't clear the radiator

i kno xt's have the 5 lug...whats that got to do with anything? so why is it hard to lift an xt6?

like Jeffast said, they're different. similar, but definately not the same. That's why I say the 6-cyl is a completely different animal. They could be lifted using the same concept, but not the same parts (entirely...many of the parts are interchangeable....but not everything)

i kno xt's have the 5 lug...?
wrong...the XT6 has 5 lug and XT has 4 lug. if you're asking about an XT, they are EA82 and an EA82 lift kit will work on them.

the XT6 front suspension is completely different than the XT. it's not "hard" to lift an XT6, just very few people have ever done it on an XT6. all we are saying is the EA82 lift kit will not work on an XT6. we weren't saying it's impossible.

• 2 weeks later...
man, how come we got stuck with the xt6 and you guys got the dual carb intakes :mad: blah

*end hijack* sorry

HEY!

:rolleyes:

Anyway... Judging from the lift kit on my SW... its a Allied (no longer made) but any similar lift kit should work just fine on an XT or XT-6. Firstly the 4 and the 6 have basically the same rear suspension... my lift kit has an upper spacer, and diff hanger drops... so no problem there. on the front it drops the engine, but the cradles bolt up the same, so thats good. Next is the upper strut tops, thats the 3 bolts there, and that should be the same... never tried it, but it looks identical. Then the strut rod/tranny member "blocks" are dropped and thats the only thing you might have an issue with.. again, it looks the same but I've never tried it. The only difference suspension wise between the 4 and the 6 are the lower arms, hubs and the lower end of the strut really. it should work I think:)