Ultimate Subaru Message Board

may have found replacement...

1989 Subaru GL 4 dr sedan, 2wd 5 spd... maroon. ABSOLUTELY no rust ANYWHERE on the car... very clean interior, only some tears on the top of the back seats. Very clean interior... electric windows:-\ rear ones barely work. electric door locks though, I like those. 199,000 miles, runs great. muffler has a hole in it, makes it sound all cool and stuff, lol. new michelin street tires, some of the clear coat on the roof is coming off... just a 1 foot wide strip from front to back but that's it. no exterior dents... or even scratches for that matter. a/c... but it doesn't work, needs a compressor. new brakes all the way around, drums in the rear. leaking diff fluid I think, but it's not a terrible leak. the front right axle boot is torn but not clicking. CD player that actually fits in the dash.. nice speakers too. horn works... all the lights work. Very clean trunk. like I said, absolutely NO RUST WHATSOEVER, ANYWHERE on this car. practically new tires... for $700. think it's a good buy? clutch grabbed well too. ran perfect.

Might be just a tad high...but the not rust anywhere is a huge plus. I have an AC compressor if you need it..I would go for it...199,000 miles...when were the timing belts changed last??199,000 miles..Bucky has that on him now:grin: the countdown is on.

Like I said I would go for it..try offering $600..thats what I paid for Bucky 3 years ago with 160,000 miles and alittle rust,bad wheel cylinder and a bad axle...leaking like a siv..And I have never ever regretted him.

Go for it....Just think of the awesome gas mileage :banana:

I would call that a pretty good buy. we arent out in the PNW here, but its always a good idea to knock at least 100 off the asking pri ce, or try to negotiate down that much.. sometimes you gotta say 550 to actually get 600, but thats up to you. _I_ for one, am NOT that much of a haggler, so I've got no tips for you.. but for a car under a grand, most people ask for about 100 more than they will take :grin:

as for the poswer windows, NOT a horrible thing. you can take the switches apart and clean them up, and that helps with the speed alot (or so I've heard, haven't tried it yet) and Loyale 2.7 turbo mentioned once that he replaced the relay under the passengers seat with a bosch one? you could ask him about that. I have been meaning too, but with my work situation in recent months, I havent done ANYthing on my soob. :(

good luck, this sounds like your new scooby to me :grin::grin:

just grab it. All the goofy stuff I found with my absolute favorite ea82 sube (2wd 5spd sedan) is on my website.:)

I may sell 1 4x4 for 2 sedans 2wd :confused:

It was just enough in all situations, including inevitable accidents.

handling, power, and low consumption. A very quiet back end if it has good bearings, and it feels like it is on rails.Very simple to keep things going. I hope you get a good deal.

that's the best damn idea i've heard all week. lol

But, keep the SPFI engine (or just the SPFI intake, if the longblock from your old one is still good). For offroading, I don't notice much difference between SPFI and carbed, but for a daily driver on the highway, fuel injection sure is nice for reliability and power.

i just got a weber carb from oregon that i was gonna put on the blue wag... so if I fix it i'm gonna lift it, throw on some pugs... fog lights, tube bumpers, winch, that 4.11 rx tranny deal, and I should be good to go. :grin: I won't be driving it much though, cuz guess what happened while I was driving my mom to the mall today!!! (she broke her right foot) a completely incoherant moron pulled out in front of me again!!! this time coming from the right to join the opposite lanes of traffic. a mid 90's white Lincoln Towncar. It's raining, I had my headlights on and my windshield wipers on. doing about 45... pulled in front of me about 45 ft. ahead. Hit the brakes and started to slide, turned the wheel to the right and got off the brake and missed the car by about a foot. Still traveling at about 20 mph. WTF. Why doesn't this crap work on the cops cuz apparently to everybody else I'm invisible. the only thing I could do was laugh. I couldn't believe it... scared the hell outta my mom, she actually cried later. Can somebody tell me wut the hell is going on?? is this bad karma? this is insane, that's what it is.