Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Toolkit for the Subaru-er from Brewer

My $0.02 addition would be; a couple of ratcheting nylon cargo straps, a good pistol grip screwdriver (to break those tough to get phillips screws), and a foam boat seat cushion (for my knees or head if I'm lying on my back). DW

very good idea. there is a popular set of four mini ratcheting straps bright orange, I found at home depot, a car parts store and even the discount salvage store- all the same brand. The bright orange is good for flag in a breakdown, and doubling up the 1000lb limit can haul the car (if not extreme). I have those in my car, forgot to mention them.

I always keep a piece of carpet and some cardboard (clutch kit box works good!) in the trunk of the xt6 because you never know what you'll have to lay in to work on your car..

the cardboard also works good to stick on the engine side of the radiator when you are doing timing belts etc so a rogue tool doesn't cause you more problems.

wooden blocks are always handy

prybar of some type

I'll add more later

okay, okay, so i didnt notice macgyver down there.. I never actually saw the show, I had one of those huge old skool satellite dishes when i was a little kid and NEVER watched network TV.. so its just a cultural reference to me, and i didnt realize..

me == ign'ant.

Bump! This is a good thread, so let's put it back up to the top. It should be added to the repair manual or something. :headbang: I'd add a tire plug kit and a mini air compressor. You can plug the tire right there on the car and fill it back up or fill up your flat spare:banghead: Oh, also a pair of sidecutters and needlenose pliers to go with the tire repair kit. Now let's go on a roadtrip :burnout: