Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Crank Timing Belt Sprockets

But there is a conspiracy against 2WD sedans...they are all dissapearing!!!!!!!!!

From some places. I see at least 2 to 5 every day, and those are just the one's I notice. It seems that *most* sedans are 2WD for some reason. It's comparitively rare to see a 4WD sedan. The 4WD ones I see are mostly turbo's. I did see a 4WD Loyale sedan a few weeks ago. But 4WD D/R sedan's like mine don't seem to be very common. I guess the people looking for 4WD were mostly in the market for wagons for the added cargo space for camping and such. I see hundreds of wagons every week, lots of sedans, and relatively few coupes. Not seeing a lot of EA81's anymore, but still the occasional hatch or wagon.

GD

Your's are on backwards. Take the rear one, and put it in the front position, and the front one in the back.

FWIW, I took two extra sprockets I have, lined them up per WJMs instructions, and they look just like the picture BGD posted. If I put them backwards, they are drastically different than BGDs pictures.

-Dave

so, are the sprockets on bgd's block correct or do they have to be "drastically different" like hooziewhatsit said? perhaps you can make some pictures of the 2 orientations/possibilities?