Ultimate Subaru Message Board

got some longer rear shocks.

x1/9

I got some rear shockers from a holden jackaroo, they are about 4-5 inches longer than a MY series shock when extended and about 1" longer when colapsed, my question is...

Do I keep my strut lift (about 3" at the top of the shocker) or just bolt the shock on without it?

If I do without the strut lift should I wind my torsion bar up one notch to get more down travel? maybe I could even take out my rear lift blocks, whats better up travel or down travel?

note: my car has a 2" body lift and the diff is only dropped by about 1".

Any suggestions?

I dont quite understand whats on your car though, lets see if I got this straight:

2" body lift

3" suspension lift

I'm confused, if you just have the 2" body lift and stock shocks in the back with a bracket that drops them 3", I'd get rid of the bracket and put in the new shocks and leave it at that. or leave the bracket in, clock the torsion bar and put in the new shocks. with longer shocks and clocking the torsion bar down one notch you will gain an incredible amount of travel, you WILL need to lower your diff more and/or get limiting straps.. ie:

P6110576.JPG

P6110577.JPG

P6110575.JPG

by the way, dont do anything like i did, it is ABSOLUTELY NOT SAFE TO USE A JACK LIKE THAT.

Obviously that is without the rear axles in. This was after I clocked my torsion bar, it has even more travel than that but I couldnt safely produce any more flex than that(aka it almost slipped off when I tried for more)