Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Newest member of my Subaru collection... PICS!

So I've been talking about this EA82 coupe for a little while. Finally got it to my house this evening and started looking it over. It a FWD 3AT, SPFI EA82 '87 GL 3-door. Has A/C, P/S, CC, 4 newish Les Schwab studded snow tires on Subaru rims, a set of brand new '87 factory service manuals and a Haynes manualas well! All for $100:headbang: Noticed I have to fix a couple small items already. The switches in the dash for the rear defrost and the CC are hanging from the dash so I gotta pull the trim panel off and start poking around to see why it is like this. Everything else looks to be in great shape. Back seat isn't torn or beaten at all from the sun. Just doesn't start and from the way it tries to start, sounds to me like a broken passenger side timing belt. I'll have to get it going tomorrow, and take some pics of it as well. Just too dark and too cold out right now to do anything but look at it:brow:

Pics are here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/555167621jgSQVh

look no offense, but you people SUCK!!!!

I want options for subarus!!! I want to be able to plan on a day when i can just "keep my eye peeled" and find that d/r SPFI fivespeed sedan or wagon parked on the corner for 300 bucks!!!

*sigh*

I guess, it happened with my 75 Datsun 280Z about 10 years after I had any right to hope for it. its not gonna happen for a soob. :sad:

Quit your complaining. Just move to Colorado and be happy, and you'll find the SPFI D/R wagon you wanted for $200 with just some minor rust.

BTW, these just don't pop up all the time. You do have to keep your eyes peeled. A kid I know at school was tinkering with his Subaru in the parking lot after class one day. I walked over, asked him what was wrong. He said, "Nothing, want to buy it for $200?". I had no use for it, but I figured out why he was trying to sell it. He couldn't get it started. We played with it in the parking lot, wiggled the wires on the CTS, and he got it started.

I'll quit my complaining, but im not moving to colorado. Ive got enough friends who keep suggesting that to me, and they dont/cant understand whats keeping me here in FL, much less can they understand that my heart has already fallen for a mountain range, and it is of a more Atlantic persuasion.

I am whining for my state in life right now, with a car needing a headgasket and a (godawful) job that isnt gonna pay for that for a few weeks, and its finding other outlets. In all honesty, i would rather enjoy flying out to colorado to buy a soob and driving it back, that would be awesome. i cant believe that the concept hadnt occurred to me before someone mentioned it the other day. SO, if i ever get my ducks in a row, thats probly what I'm a-gonna do. As I've said in the past I already have friends out there in steamboat springs, so it would be three birds with one stone. new car, vacation, see cassy candy & karen again. plus the road trip to bond me with the new ride.

I'll quit my complaining, but im not moving to colorado. Ive got enough friends who keep suggesting that to me, and they dont/cant understand whats keeping me here in FL, much less can they understand that my heart has already fallen for a mountain range, and it is of a more Atlantic persuasion.

I am whining for my state in life right now, with a car needing a headgasket and a (godawful) job that isnt gonna pay for that for a few weeks, and its finding other outlets. In all honesty, i would rather enjoy flying out to colorado to buy a soob and driving it back, that would be awesome. i cant believe that the concept hadnt occurred to me before someone mentioned it the other day. SO, if i ever get my ducks in a row, thats probly what I'm a-gonna do. As I've said in the past I already have friends out there in steamboat springs, so it would be three birds with one stone. new car, vacation, see cassy candy & karen again. plus the road trip to bond me with the new ride.

hell ya dude:headbang: