Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hm, interesting idea! Since you have both vehicles and their associated parts at your disposal maybe you could take some measurements and see what you come up with?

Another idea may be, I don't know how rare SVX parts are, but maybe some $$ could be made parting it out?

'tis a wise man that asks 'why not?' while others simply ask 'why?'

The idea is that Trashwagon 8 (my OBW) is going to be the first Trashwagon set up for road rac'n & autocross'n as opposed to baja'n and mudd'n. Miles Fox is at my disposal (and I at his) so we might indeed give it a shot just for the sake of doing so.

I'm in $450 for the OBW and so far nothing for the SVX so there really isn't much holding us back. We can always put the sh*t back together.

the knuckles, strut towers, control arms, lateral links, and geometry are different. Even the hubs and wheel bearings are different.

You could, however, take the entire suspension out of an 02+ Impreza (excluding 05+ STi) and it would bolt right in.

Hm, interesting idea! Since you have both vehicles and their associated parts at your disposal maybe you could take some measurements and see what you come up with?

Another idea may be, I don't know how rare SVX parts are, but maybe some $$ could be made parting it out?

'tis a wise man that asks 'why not?' while others simply ask 'why?'

No! Don't part out a running SVX with a blown tranny. Find someone who's willing to replace the tranny and sell it to them.

We don't need any more mutilated SVXi, there's so few left :(

Pull the complete engine, wiring, etc and put it on Ebay. Going for a lot of $ right now for vanagon conversions.

Yeah... Saten speaks the truth :mad:

But I prefer Manarius's idea.

And as someone who has coverted parts of a WRX suspension to our SVX racer, you're going to have a trouble. You will need to use shims where the strut attaches to the spindle and the heights aren't right, it would probably lower your Legacy by about 2 inches.

Also I looked it up and as I recall the spring rates for an SVX are lighter than those on a Legacy :confused: if they are higher it isn't by much...

Neither of you guys would be the first or only ones with your projects. Wel...I can't say that about the EG powered OBW but it's been done in an Impreza a few times now www.linaracing.com and I've run against a couple leggy wagons at major level autocrosses here and in Canada. They do pretty well for having all that glass and mass.....

Might as well sell that SVX motor to me for my Impreza!!!:brow:

Jay Storm