Ultimate Subaru Message Board

check out these hood pins

Are you going to try them on an old sube?

I was discouraged the second I looked at them

1. they open up into a windstream,is a bump going to open them?

2. does the soob hood have a flat spot big enough for truly flush fit

3. Ice and rain takes its toll - especially towards the front of hoods on

any car

4. If you pop one, will one be tight? which one stays tight in the ever

flexing front end..

5. I saw this on a v8 car, the above plague never ended. In the case of 4wd soobs especially, there is enought movement to keep at least one tight a majority of the time...

Using hood as more structure than OEM single middle pin is a bad idea.. unless the body was floating rubber mounted on a seperate frame. Or the hood was made daintier than oem to handle the movements, and making thingss weaker is not a good idea to accomodate a novelty.

I don't know.. all good questions too.

I am going to use hood pins on the car because of my EJ swap - I'm retaining air conditioning, and I will be running a fan in front of the A/C condenser - which necessitates removing the stock hood latch stuff.

1) I don't think a bump would open them.

2) I'm not certain of that but their website has templates so it could be found out easily

3) Winter conditions are probably the best argument against hood pins on a subaru - except maybe the cost of these in the first place :-\

4/5) Flexing probably would't be an issue, especially as I am reinforcing the bottom radiator support of the car as well as planning a strut tower brace.