Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ahhhhh... subaru

I've had the same 87 gl 4wd carbed 5sp. beater wag for about ten years. In the last couple of weeks I replaced the head gaskets (after letting it rot for 6mo.), a battery, and a front half shaft. It runs great- except for a slight TOD issue. Perfect timing- the Isuzu and Toyota diesels both have taken a crap on me in the last week. Isuzu blew rear main seal BAD, and Toy is having unknown issues (as of today). The sube has saved my rump roast- once again. If I could just get the mouse piss smell out....

....The only one that will start when NOTHING else will is the 69 C/10 sb chev.:headbang:

can't pass a gas station and not much for the snow though- thanks Subaru. :grin:

I just bought a new Subaru and I love it. ea82 fi sedan 5spd. great gas mileage... hate the squatted look in the back though. probably need to do timing belts... the guy who owned it put 40,000 miles on it and has never had them done. it also leaks gear oil and smokes it off when you turn the car off. oh well, it's awesome anyway, lol.

nawww... I like how light it feels and the gearing is really nice for the highway too. I'm gonna lower it in the front and basically do the same stuff bdg did to his. I'm gonna make it as effiecient as possible, try to get it up around the 40mpg range. well, I'm already getting 35 and I haven't even done the basic tune-up yet. I'll find a wagon later and make it a project. I'd like to attend the WCSS in a 4x4 wagon.:burnout: