Ultimate Subaru Message Board

drilled rim question, this is a hard one literaly!

El Toro

so i have decided to drill out a 2nd set of rims since my first set was so successfull but i have encountered a problem. the rims I'm drilling out are made of chrome steel. the holes were a tad hard to drill out but my 2 stage bit managed to tear through it. but beveling the hole has become a problem. i have gone through 4 taper stone bits on one rim and still do not have enough counter sink. any ideas of what i could use:confused:

i went to the boeing surplus store by seatac .......into their "bit" store .....they have everything.....they had a real nice chamfer bit....it was one dollar........i don't know if the store is still there or not.......most the bits are one use only stuff ....so they are really cheap....

on the rims we did we didn't bevel the 2 extra holes just turned those 2 lug nuts over and used them like a normal nut

--now why didn't' i think of that...sometimes the answer is right in your face. however i might head out to harbor freight and pick up a die grinder. the old stone bit just died in the drill. i need more speed.:burnout: