Ultimate Subaru Message Board

analog dash to digi?

You're better off with the analog. Digi's have no oil pressure guage for one. For another the EA81 digi's are not reliable. Totally not worth the effort because it will all go down the crapper when you can't find a replacement dash (and you WILL need one :rolleyes:)

You would also need the digi's wireing harness for the plugs to the back of the cluster - they are different. Fuel sending unit in the tank is different. Nothing is going to work without modification. I went from an 84 digi to an 80 analog, and the car sat for a month while I sorted out the wireing. And I have the FSM for both clusters. Going the other way around would SUCK. You also need a dash from a very similar model or the trip computer won't be calibrated to the right size of fuel tank.

GD

yeah i had that "this would be cool if I could pull it off" type of thing going on but I kinda figured in the back of my head this would not fly very well. I am not going to hack up a good low mileage car to put it into...even though they are cool as heck.

Yeah it came from Harry's....I figured i was taking the dash so I might as well take the cluster too since I had to remove it.

In the end...I'll probly just sell it to help cover the cost of the seats.