Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New owners of an '01 Brighton wagon!

Well, we finally found the car we wanted, '01 brighton wagon, 2.2L/5 speed. Nice shape, 125,000 kms, hopefully it'll last a long time. It's replacing our beloved Toyota Tercel 4X4 wagon which has been a very faithful companion for the last seven years.

The subie's been a Vancouver car from day one, no rust whatsoever. Looking forward to bombing up to the Okanagan this xmas with it! Should be a little faster getting up those big climbs than the turtle was.

Well, we finally found the car we wanted, '01 brighton wagon, 2.2L/5 speed. Nice shape, 125,000 kms, hopefully it'll last a long time. It's replacing our beloved Toyota Tercel 4X4 wagon which has been a very faithful companion for the last seven years.

The subie's been a Vancouver car from day one, no rust whatsoever. Looking forward to bombing up to the Okanagan this xmas with it! Should be a little faster getting up those big climbs than the turtle was.

I think your '01 Brighton has a 2.5L engine, unless they still put them in the manuals (but, I don't think so) our '00 has a 2.5 A/T. But don't worry about HG, just put in Subaru Slime, and you'll be OK, so long as you never airlock it.

We bought ours with 100,00 MILES on it at 13 mos. old, and we are at 185,000 trouble free miles now.

If like ours, yours does have power windows, but manual mirrors and door locks (both of which you can live with).

Our debrightonization progeam to date: Map light, lighted mirror sunvisors, remote starter, cruise, roof rack, Outback struts/springs, alloys.

To come: mud guards, two-tone (bottom repaint, it's all sandblasted, but NO rust) bed liner coating, fog/driving lights, hide wiring for the windsheild-sucker mounted GPS, rear deflector (if I can ever find one).

This is our fifth Subaru, and after 85,000 miles, and as an owner of over 100 autobmbiles/trucks of all kinds, I can say I enjoy driving this car better than any I have owned.

Just ran down stairs to confirm the engine size EJ22. 2.2L, am I correct?

No power windows, just power mirrors, no AC, does have tilt. the PO had the factory clarion CD player installed. Has the factory roof rack and they purchased a Subaru ski rack as well(never installed, new in box).

Maybe the Canadian market cars were different?