Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wow that's great news and thanks for the pics! The new one looks so shiny and perty. Plus it came with a new axle nut so that's nice. Where'd you get those? So you must've not had much trouble getting off the old axle nut and I can't quite tell if those had the spring/roll pins holding the inner joint to the diff stub?

I got them at Aotozone, $75 after the core return. They came with new axle nuts and spring pins. My axle nuts came off right away with an 18" cheater bar. I popped the pinch bolt off the ball joint and the axle practically fell out of the car. What a relief not to have to wrestle with anything for a change.

Next I'll do the one in my jeep, this was a good practice mission.

35 min. is good time, I have replaced a few and I cant get close to that time. But I do spend lots of time keeping my dog from hauling stuff off.

I got them at Aotozone, $75 after the core return. They came with new axle nuts and spring pins. My axle nuts came off right away with an 18" cheater bar. I popped the pinch bolt off the ball joint and the axle practically fell out of the car. What a relief not to have to wrestle with anything for a change.

Next I'll do the one in my jeep, this was a good practice mission.