Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick EA82T water pump question

I cant tell you offhand which one, but the info IS here somewhere.. try using the term "deck height" as that is the technical name for the parameter you are talking about.... ones like, just under 100 mm and ones like 110, right? But i cannot remember which was which..

Sorry for the semi-worthless reply, but i know its a common thing, and it DID come up within the last month or 8 weeks... no guarantees a search will work, but its worth a shot.

i am pretty sure you do. My car is non turbo, but I had to take them off for the water pump.. and I can't believe your engine would be any different.

See sonicfrog's recent thread on the subject of timing belt covers :grin: or indeed, most of this forum's history. I have mine left off.

IIRC, the EA82 waterpumps that have 4 bolts that hold the pulley to the waterpump and another 4 studs that are permenant on the pulley that hold the clutch fan on, are the 105mm. The waterpumps that have studs in the pump that the pulley "floats" on and the clutch fan goes onto, is the 110mm... or I have them backwards...

IIRC, the EA82 waterpumps that have 4 bolts that hold the pulley to the waterpump and another 4 studs that are permenant on the pulley that hold the clutch fan on, are the 105mm. The waterpumps that have studs in the pump that the pulley "floats" on and the clutch fan goes onto, is the 110mm... or I have them backwards...

Yeah I think you have the backwards, mine was the 105 and had studs in the pump; I was shocked that the new one came with new studs.....found that out after spending 15min trying to take the old ones out, stupid should check the box!

Yeah I think you have the backwards, mine was the 105 and had studs in the pump; I was shocked that the new one came with new studs.....found that out after spending 15min trying to take the old ones out, stupid should check the box!

yeah I should have mentioned that they normally come with new studs;) Don't worry, I did the same thing when I got a new waterpump for my RX. Doesn't hurt to have spares though:grin: