Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Group Buy: Carbon Fiber or Fiberglass Hoods

Marck

I sent an email to the guy I am dealing with, letting him know that the price is too steep for us subaru owners when comparing the worth of an old 80s subaru to the price of a carbon fiber hood. Here is how he replied:

Okay thats fine I understand. I might have given you the wrong price. The SHO hoods are one of the most expenisive hoods. This would be a better price example:http://www.shobrosgarage.com/product_info.php?cPath=166_167&products_id=306

We might be able to do it for that price or maybe $50 less. If you can pick up the hood I can save each person $100 and if they do a group shipping it can save some more money. Some people can get SHOs for pretty cheap as well but CF is costly and hard to get due to the war. So let me know.

So, it may be as cheap as $300-$350. The shipping is still $165, but like he said, we maybe able to save a little money on shipping if someone more local then me can pick them up. I live 3 hours away from LA, so hopefully there is someone who lives closer that wouldn't mind picking them up. Although, I don't know how much it cost to ship a hood cross country, but hopefully we can find something cheaper than $165.