Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where can you get subaru shop manuals ?

Believe it or not, service manuals are still available brand-new from the dealer for both of your cars, yes, even the 91. The 91 manuals are in short supply, but still available.

If you want, PM me and I'll give you the part numbers.

Of course, I understand if you don't want to spend $300 for a set of brand-new manuals. In that case... keep a close watch on eBay :)

Hi Bill. There's a few sources I know of:

1. techinfo.subaru.com - can get entire set of OE manuals on CD (not sure how far back yearwise they go) for like $200

2. eBay - got a complete set of OE printed manuals for '00OBW for $150 (I think I did a 'best offer' which was accepted).

3. alldatadiy.com - gets you access to lots of good apparantly OE material with the diagrams for not much cash outlay upfront (yearly subscription).

Depending on what you're looking for haynes/chilton are usually available though they're not my favorite.

• 4 weeks later...

I frequently find vintage Subaru service manuals and sell them through ebay, and currently have the following on hand:

all for 1995 Subaru Legacy:

Gen Info Mech & Function repair Sections 2-1 to 2-11)

Repair (Sections 3-1 to 6-2)

Wiring

I sell them as a set via auction starting at $85.00 plus shipping. If you're interested I'd be happy to email you a photo or other info. I'd love to just sell them and save the auction time and fees.

I'll keep an eye peeled for the 1991 manuals.

beckerfosterhome@yahoo.com

where can you get subaru shop manuals ? I ahave a 91 and 95 legacy's and limited experience on the weightier areas (engine replacement , clutch and trans)and would like to learn..can u tell me how to get subaru inc. tech manuals ty

Bill