Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What parts fit

There is a wrecked 92 legacy wagon at the dump here that I can grab anything off of.

Looking to see what parts might fit anything that I have.

It is

2.2l MPFI engine and standard trans.

Grey exterior and Grey interior.

111K miles

I have several 85-91 wagons.

97 Impreza outback with 2.2L and 300+k miles

Interested in trans, engine, rims, spare tire, interior trim stuff, ETC.

Thanks

Hush

Get every last thing you can off of it, what you can't use or don't want just sell it or give it away to fellow subaru owners to keep the parts out of the scrap pile.

I had a spare tire, and a muffler off of a legacy I parted out a few years ago, and I held on to them for too long just because I couldn't throw them in the scrap pile at the dump. It seemed like too much of a waste of good parts to me. One day a lady in a legacy came to a yard sale my girlfriend was having and I offered her the parts after a long discussion about her love for her subaru, that lady still waves at me avery time I see her and that was over a year ago. It's a cool feeling.

I think the longblock for the engine will be interchangeable, except the '92 has single port exhaust, and the '97 has two port, or vice versa, can't remember. But I think you'll have to use the intake manifold from the '97 if you put the other engine in.... A friend put a '97 engine in a '90 legacy, and had to deal with some of this... I sort of second the recommendations above, if you have room, get anything good for other subaru owners, and increase your subaru karma.

The engine was dibbed by my old boss for one of his employees but I get everything else.

I am going to talk to him about the core that he swapped that in for, I have a 2.2 in the 97 that has over 320K and was thinking about rebuilding it in the spring. I could do a short block out of the core and then just get the heads done and put them on and in the car it goes. Seems like with my life it would be easier to do the short block over the winter and then take the car down for a couple days instead of having the car down for a couple weeks.

I do plan on grabbing anything that is usable off of the car including the ecu and wiring.

Hush