Ultimate Subaru Message Board

salvage yard in denver?

I'm fairly new to the denver area and have discovered that whoever installed the driverside cv axle in this car before i bought it didn't put the washer on the hub, between the bolt and that conical split ring spacer centering thing, so it started makeing some noise a week and ahalf ago but i did't have time to pull it apart and check it out until tonight. I discovered that the hub was quite loose from the axle stub so i took it apart. I discovered that the aforementioned washer was missing and that the nut hade gone conical on the inside and the spacer centering thing had gone conical on the outside allowing a buch of slack between the axle and hub that had eaten up the splines on the axle and the hub. The heat of course also killed the wheel bearings and had somewhat melted the dustboot on the brake caliper. so what i need is a salvage yard that will have a subaru. or many subarus would be better. mine is a 1989 gl 4wd wagon with the fuel injected ea82 and five speed dual range. I dont know what other years and configurations use the same hub ( i planned to just take it with me to the yard). Anybody in the denver area that has suggestions for a good yard around here please help and let me know. Thanks.

Where is S-Wings?

Also, have you actually had any luck finding subaru's at Pull n Save? They never had toyota stuff when I had my pickup, and they haven't had subarus the last 3 or 4 times I've been there since I've owned my roo.

Really? I ALWAYS find Subarus there. Mostly EA82s, but they're there. I've never been there and not seen a Subaru.

Regarding what years, any 4wd subaru EA82 should be the same for that. Not sure about the 2wd ones though.

I usually get those parts from Superrupair in Boulder -- not a salvage yard, but they part lots of subaru's (moving to new gen ones recently though :confused: ), and they usually charge $25 or $50 for whatever they've got on the shelf. Probably going to be $50 an entire front hub/knuckle assembly though. When my rear wheel bearing went and toasted the entire brake assembly I just bought a whole new right rear trailing arm with brakes and hub and everything, for $50.

Really? I ALWAYS find Subarus there. Mostly EA82s, but they're there. I've never been there and not seen a Subaru.

I'm probably searching for too new of vehicles. I am on the hunt for a wrecked outback for a hood swap, and rear sway bar swap. I might have to swing by some of these yards on friday and see if any have the loyale badge I'm looking for...