Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The wife is hinting that it is possibly time to get a new car. My dilema is that I don't like 4 door sedans and that is currently all the Subaru make their WRX/STi cars in. I've heard a rumor that Subaru will bring out a 2 door again, but not until the 2009 model year here in the USA. So, if I get a new car now, it will not be a Subaru, but can I make my wife wait for a car that may never materialize.

The wife is hinting that it is possibly time to get a new car. My dilema is that I don't like 4 door sedans and that is currently all the Subaru make their WRX/STi cars in. I've heard a rumor that Subaru will bring out a 2 door again, but not until the 2009 model year here in the USA. So, if I get a new car now, it will not be a Subaru, but can I make my wife wait for a car that may never materialize.
Suck it up and get a sedan.

They do have a WRX Sport Wagon though.

Really the wrx sti isn't available in a coupe? That just seems weird. I have an idea about that but it's a little outside the box.

Sweet, then I can haul 2x4x10's and 10' lengths of pipe in style!

Well you could always go on the Subaru web site and check it out for youself, weird or not.

Oh no, I believe you Dr., I'm just kind of surprised. What non-Subaru's would you consider?
I used to race Alfa Romeos, I understand that they are returning to the USA in 2007, that's one possibility, I also had a long association with Porsches, I really like to new Cayman. Or I might try a new make, Mercedes has a slick little coupe. I'll probably still have my 96 WRX Type R as a toy.

I heard this on "Car Talk" today. Tell your wife of a long time fantasy of you two in the backseat of __________________ (insert the make/model you desire here). Maybe that will work.
It's not a matter of convincing the wife, it's a matter of not like 4 door sedans. The wife could care less which car I get, since it will be my daily driver.

Does it really matter how many doors it has when there's 300hp under the hood pre-modification?

Why does it have to be brand new? I totally support you feeding the used car market, but it seems a waste of cash.

Yes it matters to me, and since I'm the one driving it, that is what really matters.

So, since Subaru hasn't made a two door since 2001, and I have a 1996 2dr Impreza with a JDM WRX conversion, that I will still have after the new car gets here, yes it has to be a new car. I was hoping that my next new car would be a Subaru.

Yes it matters to me, and since I'm the one driving it, that is what really matters.

So, since Subaru hasn't made a two door since 2001, and I have a 1996 2dr Impreza with a JDM WRX conversion, that I will still have after the new car gets here, yes it has to be a new car. I was hoping that my next new car would be a Subaru.

Are there any two doors in japan? possibly u can import one.

Are there any two doors in japan? possibly u can import one.
Importing into this country is a PITA. Besides, I think we're getting far to over-zealous. There's no need to import a 2-door car just to get a 2-door car.

If you want a Subaru, get a 4 door, if not, get over it. It's that simple. I fail to see why this is a big discussion.

Lotus Esprit, Toyota MR2, Landcruiser FJ has 2 plus 2 suicide doors....

Those'd be my picks right now if I can't have a Subaru.

We got an 03 Baja a month ago or so and I love it but I wish it had 2 doors and a longer bed instead (LIKE HEY SUBARU MAKE A REAL BRAT AGAIN!>!>!>!)

Not the same.

I agree 100%.

This was one of my issues when I wound up buying my 97 Legacy 10 yrs ago... I prefer 2-doors, but the only thing I could afford was a 4dr and I couldn't afford anything Subaru offered at the time in a 2-door.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Legacy, it's been serving me VERY well, but I just HATE 4dr cars. I cannot stand them. I hate 4dr as much as I hate automatic transmission.

In the next year I have to decide on a new car and it's probably going to be a Forester because I can't get a WRX in a 2dr so I may as well go with cheaper because other than Toyota or maybe a Honda, (and the civic just feels like a death trap to me) I'm not keen on considering anything else. Toyota had a nice 2dr but they quit making it a year or so ago (the Celica I believe...) and the Scion tC... *shudder* my friend has an xB and it feels like a flimsy piece of crap.

Importing into this country is a PITA. Besides, I think we're getting far to over-zealous. There's no need to import a 2-door car just to get a 2-door car.

If you want a Subaru, get a 4 door, if not, get over it. It's that simple. I fail to see why this is a big discussion.

You know, one of my pet peeves are people who say, "Get over it." If you don't want to contribute to the discussion, then don't, if you can see why, then don't look. Last time I checked, everyone in the USA has a one time capability of importing a non-USA model car, but you still have to bring it up to minimum safety requirement, and for a Subaru, that means adding USA type bumpers, everything else is already there.

I agree with Manarius... get the WRX, or, if you must have 2 doors (for reasons beyond my comprehension), get something else! I guess I don't understand what is so bad about 4-doors. Apparently noone else does either!
Well, apparently someone else does, read on. And like Manarius, if you don't have anything to contribution, don't.

Lotus Esprit, Toyota MR2, Landcruiser FJ has 2 plus 2 suicide doors....

Those'd be my picks right now if I can't have a Subaru.

We got an 03 Baja a month ago or so and I love it but I wish it had 2 doors and a longer bed instead (LIKE HEY SUBARU MAKE A REAL BRAT AGAIN!>!>!>!)

The Lotus and the Toyota have been discontinued, the Landcruiser is still a four door, doesn't matter which way the doors open.

There are a few 'spy shots' and some rumors of a Subaru 2 door hatchback for '08. No mention of a coupe though.

If you don't need AWD there are tons of choices for you.

Carl

A two door hatch would be acceptable, then we could start the Hatch Patrol up again.