Ultimate Subaru Message Board

96 subaru impreza lx coupe $4000, 58k

Well I'm thinking about buying another car, I am hopefully going to look at it tomorrow the fellow lives in Reading, so what should I look out for, it looks very clean, inside and out, the engine is really clean from the pictures. The price is as stated $4000 included is about $800 of car stereo gear that is about 4 months old. Thanks for all your help, Jay.

Check the basics. Oil, trans fluid (4EAT), dif oil, coolant, etc. Check for matching tires and signs of torque bind. Make sure the FWD fuse is not inserted if Auto.

96 was last year for non-interference ej22. It's pretty much indestructable. 58k is low mileage for that year. If all is well, $4000 sounds more than reasonable.

Good luck with the car.

Give it a good going over and carfax, yes, 58k is very low mileage for a 10 year old vehicle, about 6000 miles a year. Did the car sit for a long period of time or was it used for a lot of short trips? Low mileage isn't always a good thing, but if everything appears to be in good order that doesn't seem like too bad a price :headbang:

Well deal is off, the wife said no, sigh, not that I couldn't get it anyway but who wants to be nagged for as long as this would last and if it had problems :eek:! She wants a forester, if anyone has a reliable forester in the $4-7k price range with relatively low miles and in nice shape let me know, oh yeah must be no more than 2-3 hours from Philly and I need the car this week, thanks. Jay Oh thanks for always helping me out, I am genuinely appreciate, may the LORD richly bless you all.