Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The WTF is wrong with my wagon thread

Well, drove the wagon home the other night before heading out of town and all of a sudden it started to run horrible, got a wicked TOD going on, did some checking around, it now as a overflow tank full of black fuel rich coolant and old faithful action going on under the rad cap, so blown HG it is, had neither of those symptoms until then, but I guess that was it all along. It's not a huge suprise though, since it had a bad water pump when I bought it, prob. got hot a time or two on that guy.

Looks like the old crap wagon is going back on the road until I can get this beast fixed, it's going to be powered by an EA82T running a SPFI short block next time it's back together. I already have my WRX TMIC for it, need to start looking for a new two core rad soon, spend some time on the cooling on this thing.

Well, it's good to see that the problem revealed itself, at least now you won't be going insane trying to figure it out! Your stress level just dropped a ton didn't it ?! Sorry to hear it's a HG, that just opens the can up, with all the other parts your gonna want to replace while your at it, the repair bill is going up.

Have you considered putting the EA81 out of the crap wagon itnot it? just temporarily so at least you'll be riding in something nice.

Well, it's good to see that the problem revealed itself, at least now you won't be going insane trying to figure it out! Your stress level just dropped a ton didn't it ?! Sorry to hear it's a HG, that just opens the can up, with all the other parts your gonna want to replace while your at it, the repair bill is going up.

Have you considered putting the EA81 out of the crap wagon itnot it? just temporarily so at least you'll be riding in something nice.

Yeah, it's good to know what the problem is, not so good that I can't drive it. I had considered putting the 81 out of the old wagon into ot, but if it's not going to cost much to get the suspension worked out I'd rather drive it for a while, esp. if we get any snow, I'd hate to have the new wagon wrecked too, and with my luck lately it'd happen.