Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 specs

bgd73

I have searched the net and found "xt6.net", I can't find the simple info that I am looking for. I see an xt6 rotting into the ground every time I go to work it is for sale cheaply. I stopped and looked at it, I am fairly certain the rear end has busted away from the body (How about that?! There is the "mythical" horror story of steel in Maine again.). Anyway, was curious about oem numbers of power. I am not a fan of out of balance engines, but my curiosity has got the best of me, and the retrofit of a usmb user the flat 6 into a wagon.
:rolleyes:

Speaking of steel in maine winters... a local mechanic has stepped up in a local paper about the legality of certain winter road solvents tearing apart the undersides of even newer cars...in places that shouldn't be happening structurally.
:confused:

Whip out the cans of undercoating, and hope it holds up to calcium carbonate.

I am getting my XT6 very very soon. Basically I was told its just like the EA82 with 2 extra cylinders.. I can only go by what I was told by friends on XT6.net and my mechanic friend Rory..That I will love the XT6...finally will have some power. Correct me if I am wrong but they are something like a 14-15 second car and the 5 spds have a harder pulling tranny then even the new WRXs.

All I know is I can't wait.. Rory cant wait to start working on the exhaust and the floor pans and I am planning what my finished project will be.

WagonsOnly is the man for offering me this car...Its almost like Christmas.

Once I have it and know more I can help you more..but I am sure others will chime in

The ER27 in the XT6 made 145HP @ 5200RPM, and 156ft-lb @ 4,000RPM.

You can get the full set of specs by downloading section 1 of the FSM at:

http://mshoup.us/docs/fsm/EA82/

Flat 6 out of balance? By whose definition? There's very little imbalance in a flat 6. The kinetic energy is balanced, as well as the momentum of the pistons. There's a little front to back rocking, but not much. If this is your 'math' theory again, I give up.

All boxer engines are balanced. Period.

Boxer engines and inline-6 engines are the only engines that are inherently balanced by design. That's one of the major reasons why BMW sticks to inline 6's, and Porsche and Subaru stick to boxer engines.

But only Subaru is cool enough to use boxer engines across their entire line :D

XT6's aren't 14 or even 15-second cars, although I like your enthusiasm :). They're similar in performance to a 1st-gen NA Legacy, probably a little bit faster, so expect high 8-sec 0-60's and high 17-sec quarters.

Mike gave the correct engine specs, but www.cars101.com is always your friend if you need more :)

All boxer engines are balanced. Period.

Not entirely true. Flat-6s are the most balanced boxers, as the only imbalance is the rocking because the one side of pistons are offset from the other side of the pistons.

All boxers are balanced primarily, IE: momentum of pistons. However a Flat Twin and a Flat 4 (and others) have a kinetic energy imbalance. Ever wonder why the ER27 has a lighter flywheel than the EAs? Because the heavy EA flywheel helps absorb vibrations due to the kinetic energy imbalance. Its not a huge imbalance, but its there.