Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So...I hit a tree in the Subaru...

Okay, here's the story:

I'm cruisin' along the most icy-slippery road in within 20 miles of my house, on my way to the ol' community college (yawn) when I decide to bust out some of my sweet Petter Solberg ninja-Subaru-rally moves. I'm passing people (like a complete idiot) at 50 MPH and cooking right along...so then I think I will lock 'em up a little (and regain control) just for fun. That was my mistake. Not cool, Tyler. Car starts to boogie sideways (still holding a solid 45 MPH). I regain a little control. Car slides a little the other way. I regain a little more control. Tires roll through a nasty pothole, then a big crack in the road. It's all over. Car then goes into a 45-degree-to-the-road uncontrolled slide into oblivion across traffic, through the ditch, striking a tree at a pretty decent speed. Right in the bumper. The tree stopped me instantly. Uh oh...

So, I call up my friend (who drives a '93 Loyale) and have him pull me out - it was easy in an easy chair...no problem for the ol' Loyale rollin' on studs.

From that point, I assessed the damages. They are as follows:

- Fender munched

- Side marker light GONE

- Bumper thrashed

- Grille = bye bye

- One tire flat

So, with the help of my old buddy Fix-A-Flat, I was off on my way to finish my 35-mile commute!

I'll try to take some pictures to share with y'all my car's new "character".

Tis the season to be wrecking soobs it sounds like. Good thing you didn't get hurt at that speed!
No joke! I am a wee bit sore, but I suppose it's mild whiplash. No big deal. Last time something like this happened, I rolled the car (see my avatar?). But that was deer-related, not driver-is-a-retard-related...

From that point, I assessed the damages. They are as follows:

- Fender munched

- Side marker light GONE

- Bumper thrashed

- Grille = bye bye

- One tire flat

sounds like you got away pretty clean... $100 worth of parts and you're back where you started...

sounds like it's time for a tube bumper... (:

--Spiffy

i have summer dry pavement only tires on the death wedge(xt6)
Oh crap. I just laughed so hard at "death wedge"...I don't know why that's funny, but it is.

Oh, heartless...I heard about your perils...sorry, man.

I see my little "incident" as adding more character to my car, not ugly-ing it up more! Thank goodness for parts cars! The new side marker light is installed and working wonderfully (too bad I can't say the same for my fender/bumper, which now have a *sweet* tree mark in them...)!