Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CO Snow Day! Little wheelin action..

DrKrazy

Well not truly a snow day, but I am on vacation atm. Anyways as most of Rocky Mountain people know we are getting pounded with snow. Last measurement outside my house said 11" so far..

Well with that said I got to work in the freezing cold to get my IAC on the lifted rig to start half cooperating. So I took it out for some fun in all the snow. The LSD rear diff I put in a few weeks ago makes it kinda squirely like I expected. The M/T's are not good snow tires, not to much of a problem getting grip but stopping is a whole other story. Went to the fairgrounds near my house then went and trekked up to beautiful Red Rocks. Anyways very few pics taken since I was alone but here is a teaser...the rest of them are here: Snow Day!

teaser.jpg

Push Bar is for an EA81 that I adapted to fit on an EA82.

86 D/R Sedan, SPFI conversion, 4" Lift, LSD, rear discs, 235/75/15 M/T's, Split-stick,blah, blah..if you search for Project Cheap you'll come with a few threads about some of the mods and build-up of this car. Just recently threw on the rear discs and converted the rear diff to an LSD though :headbang: .

I just see a roof rack and a black block with tires. Don't see no car there :-p

That white blends in well into the snow. Project (Not So) Cheap looking good as always.

This weather has been fun. I took the 88 wagon out and had fun smashing the snow on our street so my roommate could park. I went back and forth across the street too many times. I had 180 degree donuts down in that thing.

Who needs a snow shovel when you can just pack the snow in with your car. :rolleyes:

Well Jerry has dibs on the push bar when my friend ever gets around to building me my bumpers. But think Jerry found one??? If so as soon as I get my bumpers built (been a year now...damn XRRA took over my friend's life) you can have dibs on it with the spacer plates I made to make it fit on an EA82, cheesy but they work and hold that sucker on there real good (pushed/pulled a many cars with it so far, including my 3/4 Chevy truck).

As far as the rear discs....I totally agree it was the easiest upgrade and yea I can actually feel safe driving in traffic with 29" tires, still can't fully lock them up on dry pavement but I can stop! My wife will actually drive it now, she only did once or twice before because it was scary to try and stop quickly.

We need more meets that we can actually all get together and go wheelin'...

I have the week of Christmas-New Years off...hint hint ;)