Ultimate Subaru Message Board

COLD! Throttle AND Clutch sticking

Ok my clutch has always been abit sticky, but now its really cold, and the clutch doesnt even come up fast enough to stay with my foot, making it difficult to drive. Then its worse, my Throttle pedal is sticking too! ill go between shifts in the morning and it will rev like hell and keep accelerating and crap, it doesnt like stick totally, it comes back slowly. What can i do? New cables?

just take them off... clean them up, spray with some kind of lube... wd40 works ok but wears off after a while... try to see if either of the cables are craked frayed or kinked, this could cause slow returns. spray and work them by hand to get them working smooth... ive done this on both my wagon and hatch throttle cables. good luck

Ok my clutch has always been abit sticky, but now its really cold, and the clutch doesnt even come up fast enough to stay with my foot, making it difficult to drive. Then its worse, my Throttle pedal is sticking too! ill go between shifts in the morning and it will rev like hell and keep accelerating and crap, it doesnt like stick totally, it comes back slowly. What can i do? New cables?

yep, cables. my clutch cable would do this last winter, until there was a little heat in the engine bay, the clutch would get stuck, and not engage sometimes, making it very hard to get to school if I was late...

later that same winter, the cable broke. and I ended up doing a cable late one night in the snow because I needed the car the next day.

replace the cables....