Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to remove side view mirrors?

Right now im pulling off the driver side mirror, because there is wind noise coming through the mirrors, people said there is a gasket that needs to be shapped so there is no more wind noise, but something is stopping the mirrors from comming off, its just 3 screws right? Thanks guys.

I wouldn't think that you need to remove the mirrors to cure the problem. My 02 OBW had the same problem on the driver's side. I found that when driving at speed, I could cure the problem by pressing the inner seal towards the glass. I simply lowered the glass into the door and squeezed the seal together from top to bottom with the heals of my hands, but not excessively so. The seal has a thin metal interior to hold its shape. Once the glass was up and the car was up to speed, no more wind noise. As to removing the mirrors, any I have ever removed have simply been the 3 nuts or bolts (depending on the car), and a gentle rocking back and forth of the mirror, in order to break free the gasket that may be holding the mirror to the door outer skin. Good luck!

What GBHRPS said... lower window, grasp rubber riangele and you'll feel metal framework within. Squeeze gently along the edge and test drikve. Repeat until happiness arives.

Ok thanks guys, i found out i needed to remove the door panel, to get to the 4th screw, oh well, atleast i didnt get that far, and atleast i came upstairs and read this before wasting my time:lol: