Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look what I found for a GL

They don't work. Just a scam to try to get people in.

Yes, I Think so...

I Never Heard about Vortex Valves...

But not much time Ago, I Heard About Somethin` alike, for EFI Engines, it was some sort of Tiny Fan that supposed to Increase Air Flow and engine`s Performance...

People at that time say that it wasn`t worth the cost... and others alerted about that tiny fan, that it in some cases can loose itself and go Down the Intake :slobber: Damagin` components...

Maybe the Vortex is Really Good as they Say...

ValvesAnimation.gif?t=1165259752

...But Untill anybody proof its Goodness... I`ll Stay Away from those...

... Yet again, I refer Mythbusters, I am pretty sure they tested this one and found it to be false.

But not much time Ago, I Heard About Somethin` alike, for EFI Engines, it was some sort of Tiny Fan that supposed to Increase Air Flow and engine`s Performance...

yeah, that's called a turbo... to add turbo to a vehicle is not done lightly...

I certainly wouldn't go adding in a weak 2.5" electric fan to my intake... especially if they're anything like my computer fans... get enough gunk on there and you've got a huge air obstruction...

--Spiffy

#1. Being that's an 84, it would have a 2 barrel Hitachi. They obviously know sooooo much about this application :rolleyes:. I'm sure their detail oreiented test engineers simply overlooked the second barrel.

#2. This is priceless: " If you're not completely happy with your Vortex Valve™, we'll pay you back what you paid us when you bought it! The reason we are able to offer this kind of spectacular guarantee is simply because we know the amazing "track record" of the Vortex Valve™, which now includes thousands of happy customers."

It's sad how they prey on people. They are simply banking on the fact that most people can't even calculate mileage correctly, let alone do the proper testing that would most likely show an increase in fuel consumption or nothing at all. But people WANT to see an improvement, so they do. It's just a matter of knowing what outcome you want and figureing out how to rationalize it. Happens in scientific communities all the time - smart people are very good at rationalizing things they came to beleive for non-smart reasons.

GD

this is kinda like that "tornado" advertised a few years back. They had an hour long infomercial for it and i just laughed. :lol::lol:

i've heard mixed things it's rare but i have heard of a few cases where people did get nice increases in fuel economy, not saying there real they sound obvously fake to me but i have heard a little positive feedback

Mostly retards that did a bunch of other tune up crap at the same time (like replaceing their air filter :rolleyes:), and then exclaim "OH WOW - MY MILEAGE WENT UP HALF A POINT". It's total BS.

Also, anyone smart enough to market something like this, has plenty of friends that would say whatever they want for a couple beers, and a slice of the "action". I know I do.

BTW, I'm doing Feng Shui these days, and I'm also a pet psychic.... talking to 50 year old houswive's poodles for $300 an hour is just too lucrative to pass up. :rolleyes:

GD

Mostly retards that did a bunch of other tune up crap at the same time (like replaceing their air filter :rolleyes:), and then exclaim "OH WOW - MY MILEAGE WENT UP HALF A POINT". It's total BS.

Also, anyone smart enough to market something like this, has plenty of friends that would say whatever they want for a couple beers, and a slice of the "action". I know I do.

BTW, I'm doing Feng Shui these days, and I'm also a pet psychic.... talking to 50 year old houswive's poodles for $300 an hour is just too lucrative to pass up. :rolleyes:

GD

really i work as a car psychic, lots of people don't even realise that their carburator is horrably depressed and in need of counciling, i agree it's probably bs but it is possably real

big down side to the tornado/vortex valve/sprial max is that the tin snipped aluminum that they use is fricken sharp.:mad: I have one... a sprial max... I didn't buy it. It was just inside my intake when I bought the car... it doesnt do anything... it might just maybe decrease your emissions by a touch... WRXes have something far more complex that is used for emissions thats the same basic principal.... these things suck

... these things suck

Yes!...

Well, I just wanna say that I Wasn`t Talkin` About Turbos or Superchargers; I was Talkin` of This "Fan":

http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/272/tornadofuelsaver/tfs.php?PHPSESSID=02fc009c275dc0388ba21a0089e317a2

And This Magnetic "Fuel Stabilizer" or Sometin` :rolleyes: :

http://www.fuelmaxes.com/index.htm

The Site is in Spanish, but has a Lot of Pictures... I Have one "Magnetic Thing" just Other Brand; placed behind the Weber, in my White Wagon EA82... it was a Christmas Gift :D so, I installed it, and Guess What? I`ve noticed NOTHING New, not more Power, nor more Mileage... it Just is There, and I Leave it There `cos it was a Gift from a Really Nice Person who bring it for me with much Hopes and Love... And`I don`t wanna say to that Person: "That Thing is Fake" `cos I don`t wanna Hurt Feelings... :-\

JesZeK-SubaruEA82AnimatedEngine.gif

(this is an Animated Picture ef my EA82 White Wagon)

...Maybe it is one Reason of why it Sells good...

Other Reason can be Desperate People Tryin` to Economize Fuel; but this "Thing" is Very Very Expensive in my Country, so I will preffer to put that money in Gas instead... :grin: