Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how to make a carb reliable and what kind of soob is this?

Pretty good record. I've had floats stick (not fun), I've clogged the crap out of the primary and idle circuits to where I had to remove the top of the Weber and blow the passages out - that's happened several times. Better air filtration would probably have prevented that though.

GD

I think the last time I had a float stick must have been about 35 years ago. I just lightly rapped the carb with a hammer and never had another problem with it sticking. That's an easy fix.

I've even run oil bath air cleaners which are notorious for poor filtration and never had any problems with passages getting clogged.

Strickly speaking if you want total reliabilty - get a horse.

GD

We have 4 horses and I wouldn't call that reliability.icon7.gif Don't ask me what I think of them. They were not my idea.

I absolutely Dislike and Hate the Hitachi carbs for exactly the Same Reasons that posted here GD, I Agree Absolutely...

But I Love the Weber Too... :burnout: ...They are Amazingly simples and beautifully lookin´ - Powerfully Screamers too :brow: which can make any Carbed EA82 be more Powerful than it was with the Hitachi.

So, if the Subie Runs fine as it is, I suggest to leave it that way; but if the Carb is bad, don´t waste your time & Money tryin´ to Fix it up... Instead I Suggest to Go Weber :headbang: (Simply way) or SPFI (More Complicated)

Good Luck! :)