Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Let's design a do-it-yourself DCCD!

The info about the TCU learning parameters there was from '96 Legacy (4eat phase I). I didn't yet find that same statement for '00OBW (4eat phase II).

True, we need to know whether we need to source or sink current for the duty c.

I suppose using a microcontroller in this application would have other advantages, such as to allow for future expansion and other functionality.

What I think would be the easiest approach is to initially connect the microcontroller just to take data, monitoring the speed sensors and the solenoid drive and displaying the data on an LCD. That would eliminate the mess associated with running a scope in a moving car. The board could be built in a modular fashion where the solenoid drive stuff could be added later. An onboard memory, say a serial EEPROM or FLASH, or maybe SRAM, could be used to record the entire driving session. Then it could be pulled out using an old-fashioned serial port. I have the c source for most of this stuff already. I could whip something like this up in a short time after the holidays.

Well, sorry I didn't find this earlier. Mine is not an auto, but I did install a DCCD in it. My car started life as a 96 Impreza Brighton AWD, after swapping out the power train for a 96 JDM WRX setup, I decided to see if I could get all the bells and whistle that were available for a 96 JDM WRX, so I started on my Type R quest. I found a 96 DCCD unit out of a Type RA and got the wiring harness from Rallispec since the computer came with the DCCD unit. Rallispec actually set me the whole setup, wiring harness and computer, so now I have a spare computer. I'm a manual tranny type of guy and can not understand why anyone would want to have an automatic in a performace car in the first place (but that's my problem). If the newer autos have an electronic center diff, it should be possible to create a variable lock, if the center diff has some sort of a clutch mechanism. I'm all for people exploring the limits of things, so go for it if that is what you would like to do. All it takes is enough money, and just about anything is possible.

• 11 months later...