Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's A Boy!!!!!!!!!

Well or I guess it could be a girl. But it's to ugly to be a girl so a boy it is.

Well here she is in all of his glory. My lifted 83 GL wagon. The one that I have been toying around with keeping or parting out. I bought the car with the intent of just keeping the 5 speed DR and parting out the rest of the car. But as it sat their in my driveway looking a little sad, I went out and just started tinking around with it. Well the simplicity of it and the fact that it's already kind of messed up made me fall in love with it.

And that's when I posed the question of the EA81 motor and I got a huge responce of those motors kick rump roast. But the one draw back was the carb. So after talking to GD and reading his write up on the spfi swap on to EA81 motors I was hooked.

I was just trying to figure out if this thing was road worthy or not (used to have bad shake in steering over 30). I started by removing the poorly drilled rims that were on it and picked me up a set of white trailer rims (thanks GD for the idea) drilled them and mounted some free tires that I had and WOW what a difference, no shake, no shimmy, no nothing but strait and true.

So now what, well that spfi needs to go on there soon. I think it needs some new tranny mounts. That rake that it has right now needs to fixed a little. and two words, camo hotness. And then, and then..............who knows. Just enjoy it.

5fd5bf4e.jpg

5fd5bf4e-1.jpg

5c3a0e7f.jpg

That's my spfi swap car in the back ground.

5c3a0e7f-1.jpg

This is what EA82 coil overs will do. Need to fix that camber.

d178e244.jpg

Sweet wagon! Keep up the good work. Looks like it'll turn out to be one hell of a car.

Sweet!!! hey..my theory is..if its stick its a boy and if its AT its a girl.

What if you convert a car from a automatic to a stick? Does that make it a sweet transvestite (from Transexual, Transylvania)?

Tire Factory, they were about $38 each. I brought them home and drilled them out and got my tires mounted. They work out great. I took it out on the freeway and it cruised real nice about 60+. No shakes at all. I was a little concerned about getting the holes lined up, but I used a couple of old hubs, knocked out 2 of the studs, bolted it to the rim and them drilled from the back side. So really I couldn't screw up to much.

Where did you get the trailer wheels?

No shakes at all. I was a little concerned about getting the holes lined up, but I used a couple of old hubs, knocked out 2 of the studs, bolted it to the rim and them drilled from the back side. So really I couldn't screw up to much.

That's how I did mine too. But I drilled them with the tires already mounted. Didn't matter. It's never had any balance problems. I like the look, and the offset of those rims, and they are comparitively cheap..... mine were $25 each, but I got deal since I bought my tires at the same place, and the manager was a friend of a friend. Was just shy of $500 for all 4.

GD

to be honest i have no idea what kind of tires they are. they are a studded snow tire that were damn near brand new. I guess one of the perks of my parents owning a small dealer ship, I get to keep the tires that were in it when they traded it in. So for the most part they're always snow tires, but take out the studs and now you have a nice all season tire. At the end of the season I am going to take out the studs, because I have another full set of studded tires to mount next year.

thats freakin awesome!!!!!! what tires are u running?......how much clearence

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucky92

Sweet!!! hey..my theory is..if its stick its a boy and if its AT its a girl.

Well... Just for Info: in Spanish, Cars, Boats, Planes, etc... Are "Male" Words, I Know that in some Languages, Cars are "Female" Words, as in French... :D ...So if they has Stick are Boys? so, both my Subies are Boys... :burnout:

ok heres my belief as far as male vs female cars goes:

Female cars break down at the littlest thing, usually have a down time of at least a week for every month, of which you usually have the worst headaches with the car. Cheep Cherokees make a great example. High maintenance.

Male cars may have problems too, except they usually can just tough it out and keep going without it, can stand up to extreme abuse and still get you where you need to go. I dont think I need to say more, low maintenance.

ok heres my belief as far as male vs female cars goes:

Male cars may have problems too, except they usually can just tough it out and keep going without it, can stand up to extreme abuse and still get you where you need to go. I dont think I need to say more, low maintenance.

mine must be a dude car then too....ive got all the little things and a removed intake stud and it keeps goin( with some horrible idle issues):banana::headbang::mad: