Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GCK axles may be good-

But Autozone can ruin ANYTHING!

Ordered up new axles last week, they came in tonight and-

WRONG ONES!

Both front and rear axles for EA81s are same part number in their computers. So, of course the guy pulls a front axle out of the box.

Both part numbers were SB 8002 on the computer, same as what was on the box.

Does anybody have the correct part number for the rear axles, or are rears just not available?

Under normal conditions, the rears are pretty much good for life. Unfortunetely, this car is proving to be abnormal. Both axles give about 1/4" of play (did before one of the fronts broke), weird things are worn, the engine's about done, pulled the seatcovers to find mismatched seats, etc.

It's just incredibly annoying that they had a listing for the rears NEW, and I was all excited to get them, and then had the carpet yanked out from under me. Seems to be a trend lately.

I contacted AutoZone's regional distribution center, and they have none system-wide. I called GCK, and they are a few months out from having the 23-spline.

If you are calling AutoZone about the axles, make sure they PLACE AN ORDER. Their computers don't show the manufacturer out-of-stock until they attempt it. Otherwise, they will read what the computer tells them and say "We'll have them for you tomorrow". When you go in to pay, you get the bad news.

I contacted AutoZone's regional distribution center, and they have none system-wide. I called GCK, and they are a few months out from having the 23-spline.

If you are calling AutoZone about the axles, make sure they PLACE AN ORDER. Their computers don't show the manufacturer out-of-stock until they attempt it. Otherwise, they will read what the computer tells them and say "We'll have them for you tomorrow". When you go in to pay, you get the bad news.

I refer you back to my first post. In the AZ computers, the front and rear axles for GCK Axles are the same part number, ie: They show a rear axle, but ship you a front.

GCK isn't on the website, only at the stores, and may be a NW thing only, since people on the eastern side of the US seem to have a hard time finding them.