Ultimate Subaru Message Board

some questions about a 1992 loyale wagon

4x4 manual trans, wagon. picking this car up for a friend. what transmission will this thing have, will it be PT4WD or FT4WD? it'll be SPFI right?

how are these things size-wise anyway? are they small or have decent room for the drivers and passengers seats? are they as cramped as an XT6?

Hey thats just like my car. It kicks rump roast! What did you guys pay for it? Miles? Anyway, this is a part time 4x4. Meaning do not drive it in 4x4 on dry pavement! Just like a truck (almost!) It has plenty of room for the driver, I am 5'10" , regular build, and the seat is not all the way back. Far from it. One trick is that the stearing colum should pivot upward with a lever on the left of the collum. Not a tilt really, cuz it does not lock in the upper position- its just there to make it easier to get in. I don't know about SPFI. I think it is.

The steering column has a true tilt as well, underneath.

Some do, and some do not. Just like GL/DL models, not all Loyale's were tilt. It's a crap shoot - I've seen Loyales with power windows and no tilt, and I've seen models with crank windows and no tilt too. It's like a cracker jack box with the Loyales's - since they all have the same badging ("Loyale"), it's impossible to know what you will find inside it.

GD

Now that I can officially compare side by side between a Loyale and an XT6...the front is about the same leg room...and with the Loyale you dont have that big center console....But remember this...you can put a refridgerator in the back of a Loyale wagon:brow:

Other than that...what GeneralDisorder says

The GL/Loyales fit my 5'11", long torso/short legs/too wide body just fine. I grew up with sports cars, so I like my legs pretty straight and the seat full rearwards. Plenty of headroom (if my legs were proportional, I would be 6'3") except on sunroof models, and those usually have the GL-10 height-adjustable seats that allow me a little more headroom.

As Connie said, it is amazing what you can stuff in the back of a GL/Loyale wagon.

Heck yeah! You can fit alot in the back. We tow the rowboat around with ours. In the back is the old 10hp outboard, 6 gal. gas can, med. size cooler, life jackets, oars, bags and boxes of picknic stuff, tool bag, ect, ect,ect!! It does everything I need. I even use it to do side jobs. Fits a 6 ft. ladder inside, still able to use both front seats. Longer ladder? ROOF RACK! I tell you, its a little tugger. Mine is 92 w/ tilt and power windows, pushbutton 4x4 manual 5 sp. I paid $400 w/ 107k. Still new!:)