Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got an '84 GL sedan for free.

Hey, read around last night, talked to a guy or two, But I was wondering what everybody can tell me or has to say about an '84 2wd GL sedan. I have some papers. Say it has 1800 engine, thats about it. Alist of options like power windows & mirrors, cruise console, rear rack, special paint, ect. 3 speed automatic trans. Serial # JF1AW43B7EC320354. I just got it from a buddys dad who says it won't do more than 45mph. Don't know why. What do you guys think. I am going to go there today and put my loyale battery in it and see if it starts or whatnot. Thanks!

Thing is, I already have a 92 4x4 Loyale 5 sp. that I love. Pretty good shape too. This one I think I'll make running and sell it on the street. Any running car around here can get at least $500... More if it looks ok and does well MPG wise. Thats the plan anyhow. I assume that we are all on the same page as far as the AT goes- Garbage ( just like the rest of 'em!) But it is gonna stay there for the new owner. And 2wd? No real use as a soob, its just a car... Right?

2wd soobs are good as well as 4wds. Ive gone through things in my 2wd soob that you would think require 4wd. Anyway your plan sounds good to me. Yeah u should be able to fetch about 500 bucks on here..on ebay maybe even 1000 on a good day.

Really? I know front wheel drive is pretty good in snow (round here) most of the time... But I know the Loyale straitens up quick when I push that button! I will probally list it on ebay, I have had success there before. Just sucks paying $80 plus to sell a car. What is the deal to list here?

So, I stopped there today and jumped the car. Tried it once, only got a stumble. A quick shot of either, she fired right up and ran no problem. Just a little rough. I know it needs a new battery, and a fresh tank of gas. I plan on checking out all of the tune up points for this car in hopes of finding the roughness. What all should I check? Tomarrow (I hope) I will drive this up and down the street to see what it is really doing. I hope it is a quick fix!:brow: