Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How did that guy out on a 4 brrl

I was just curious if any of you guys have a 4 brrl carb on your soob. Or what kind of modification it would take. Yes GD I tried the search forums and it didnt bring anythig up!:lol: The soob I saw ith the 4 brrl was that guys rock crawler, that was on ebay. You know that beastly one with the under body armor and what nots.. Thanks guys

I responded on your other thread....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69300&highlight=holley

I used the weber adapter, then 2 weber spacers (.5" each), then a standard 2 bbl -> 4 bbl adapter. I had to widen out the holes on the 2 bbl side of the adapter to fit the weber pattern.

It ran great at WCSS7, but for daily town driving, or just slow trail riding, it was a pain because I had to keep it revved to be happy.

I have put my weber back on, and it's much happier, though since I still have the 2->4 adapter, I may someday try one of the 390 cfm's just for kicks....

The 390cfm I had on my Datsun L20 engine was really nice: Decent low end and mid to top end was great. Gas mileage was great, too, as long as I didn't make the secondaries roar too often. It might have helped that it was mounted on a dual-plane manifold.

Engine vibration killed the carb pretty quickly. Shook one of the aux venturis right out of the carb. $300+ down the drain. :-\