Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 lug swap/ with lift, problems

NoahDL88

So, my camber is not able to be adjusted all the way in using the EJ camber adjusting bolt, which means my angles are screwed up, and because of that my CV's are axially compressed, so they make funny noises (not funny ha ha, but funny :dead:) anyway. My plan is to lenthen the control arms by cutting them and extending them 25mm, or about 1 inch, to bring the hub out to where it should be happier.

Does this sound stupid? I'm gonna have a real welder do this, i can weld, but i know just enough about welding to know to let a professional do it.

weird.. my camber's normal although I had a hell of a time with the control arm bolts (did them last)

I have:

1986 GL10 Wagon

88 RX FT4WD Dual range

Legacy FWD Axles / knuckles

'92 Legacy Struts - KYB GR2s (maybe 1993, whatever year has the spring perches sit an inch higher) / WRX springs

PK 4" lift

If it matters I have the round motor mounts on my EJ and the transmission mounts and strut rod bushings are brand new.

Uhhh... I know this is stupid, but read this story.

So, for some reason Me and Dan were led to believe we had some brand new GR-2's for mid 90's legacy. Probally OBS.

We tried them on Dan's wagon, and couldn't get it together... the strut was too long.

Dan sold them to Ken, and he tried to put them on the front of his XT6 rally car. DIdn't fit, was just a bit too tall. A month later, after a significant amount of sluething, Ken calls me and tells me they were REAR struts.

I remember you picked up all 4 struts from the guy... make sure you have the shorter of them on the car.

The control arms are xt6 correct? Didn't I give you knew radius rod bushings? Are those on?

Oh... and are the strut lift blocks back on the right orientation?

• 2 months later...
I'm \....../ from the front, and if you're looking at it from the top, its the same, i've got about a half and inch toe in.

Noah did you ever ger this issue resolved?

I have the same problem. \--/ front wheel.

BRAT EJ18,

XT6 hubs,

Outback struts

custom 5 in lift

Impreza RWD axles

When I made the blocks I off-set the strut mounts. The struts were a PITA in get mounted to the hubs. I was thinking of adding about and inch to the control arm.

Let me know what you have done.

BW

my wagon's front tires look fine.... I used new GR2s for 92 Legacy .. I'm a little fuzzy on the year but they're the GR2s that have the highest spring perch position..

My control arms are the same length as everyone else's! it's got to be the struts.