Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Impreza A/C Compressor oil?

Can anyone share the recommended DH-PR A/C Compressor oil Viscosity for a 2002 WRX?

I'm searched high and low, and can only find that it is PAG. The dealerships I've called have also only been able to tell me that it is PAG.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm starting to try my hand at repairs based upon the encouragement of a local friend of mine who posts here-samneric. Saturday I successfully pulled my door apart to fix a fallen lock mechanism, and now I'm trying my hand at simple (!) A/C repair. I'm replacing the o-ring where the High Pressure line joins with the A/C compressor after we detected a leak at that spot.

As far as underhood, it simply states "DH-PR".

I've called the two local Subaru dealers, speaking directly to mechanics, who could only tell me to use PAG.

It sure would be nice to see a documented recommendation somewhere. I'm about to the point where I'm going to start calling random Subaru dealerships all over the U.S. until I get a reply.