Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Northeast NATIONAL Meet Carlisle PA May 20th Register with our club,please!

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure,Jon gets in for $5.....:rolleyes: ......well I hope Matt made you cover the last lot of tickets,but that's his business.:) So Jon,don't go hiding this time and wait for us all to leave.:lol: See you there,if not sooner at my storage hole.

Read the Carlisle site,I think you get 2 people in all weekend for the admission.

No sweat,just breaking balls...glad you're coming and hey,we all deserve a break sometime.:) And you still got one,so good for you,man.:headbang:

See you in Milford soon.

Carlisle,everybody!!! Carlisle!!!!

go go go go go!!!!!!!!

1978_SOA_portraits_sedans2.jpg

1978_SOA_portraits_4WD_wagon.jpg

Good chance my '82 might be there.Sure could use tires but not much extra dough just yet to get them.

00_000191.JPG

For those that don't know us yet,that's Andrew "WagonsOnly" on the left with his '73 wagon,and Matt with his whiter than white legs on the right checking out my '78 wagon,which should be there at Carlsile.128Connie_s_Party_018.jpg

Dave (hocrest) is in the back and Connie's beau Tommy is off to the far right.

Nicest cargo this car EVERY carried,"LeakingOil" Melissa:

128Connie_s_Party_011.jpg

Sorry,but my '73 GL Coupe won't be there this year unless some miracle happens.

128PDC_0030.JPG

But hey,don't forget,it's NOT ABOUT just old cars,as you'll witness when you see the Saab-Mercedes-Volvo yupppie packs.....so don't be ashamed of a well used Subaru or a nice shiny newer Subaru....just show up!!!

Well it is diffently unique car. I think people would like to see it at the car show. Especially the fabricated fog lights with the quirters on the front. So what is wrong with the hot rod? Everybody stares at it now. might as well show it off. :grin:

Did you just take that picture during your lunch break? The tire is in the basket when it was tied down on the racks.

*sigh*

Yes..... that it todays pic. You can almost make out the fuel-puddle under the right rear wheel. So much for "JB weld vs RUST" :cool:

Although, 263,000 on orig engine & trans is pretty good

If I bring it though, that means Ive gotta clean out all the junk:rolleyes:

If I bring it though, that means Ive gotta clean out all the junk:rolleyes:

Well that would take a very long time since your vehicle accumlates junk faster than I have ever seen. :grin: Good thing there are only 21 days left until Carlisle because you will probably need it;) .

hey Paul

i see you need some good rubber for the coupe.this is the brat i`ll be taking, but i`m going to be looking for some bigger wheels/tires once i lift it. maybe we can work out a trade on these calamasters for your pugs? the tires are exellent. the guy put them on right before he drove over from oregon, and they have very few miles since then.

brattt002.jpg

official word from Carlisle folks (some hot chick that is the show coordinator) we do officially have 25 now (yesterday i talked to someone who didn't know how to use a computer too well)

Just making it official.

In other news: if anyone wants to bring additional cars PM me and I will hook you up with a sticker to get you in for a nominal fee. Also, if anyone is offended by my whiter than white legs don't come....they just burn and then they are white again the next day....bring sunglasses if you try to look at them in the daylight (or make a shadowbox like you would for a solar elcipse). For those who don't know already...I am now seperated (and divorcing) from my lovely wife so the ignorance level at this years show should be at an all time low. Congrats to me. Also like I said before anyone wants my cell # just ask and it shall be PM'ed...hell you can call me and just do some heavy breathing into the phone and I'll get a kick out of that. :headbang: And finally if I have been pissy or anything like that here lately it is just b/c I have been fighting the same darn cold for 3 weeks now...and i finally got smart enough to go to the Dr tomorrow.

*bragging* I have off work tomorrow.....i'm gonna be playing with my GL tomorrow.....(actually I'm just happy to be out of the rat race a day early this week) */bragging*

*bragging* I have off work tomorrow.....i'm gonna be playing with my GL tomorrow.....(actually I'm just happy to be out of the rat race a day early this week) */bragging*

Yeah, I got a tough day on tap tomorrow. Must take down some political race signs for 4 hours.:banana: This rat race is KILLING me!:clap:

We've had some mighty ugly machinery show up before,but it was never considered unwelcome!!!

It's a car MEET first and foremost.Nobody from our group enters the judged contest,at least not yet.;)

Matt,no sweat,and hope all works out well for you.I've got one of those colds you can't shake too easily as well.

Jon in NY,that could work.Let's talk.I can't find the lugnuts for the Pugs though,but they are there somewhere.Got centercaps for those wheels?

just picked this thing up for $100 (that i don`t have lol:-\ )it was tough to pass up on tho. the guy just wanted it gone. not much rust, he gave me all its parts. heres a pic and a pic of a nice on i found on the net. its a austin mini moke btw.

thinking about bringing it down to carlisle and trying to sell it to one of the

mini guys.

*sorry for the semi hijack, just felt like sharing some pix.

moke003.jpg

moke001.jpg

moke004.jpg

moke007.jpg

2371570_1_full.jpg

I am trying ..I sware... I am thinking on just driving down anyway...and if they toast they toast..

Connie,

I'll be trailering the brat down and back from Carlisle (although its purely a luxury, as it would make it on its own just fine) ...... If you need to, you can hitch a ride our trailer. (Im not all that far from you guys)

Jon,the Moke is super cool!!!

Try to find the old....Popular Mechanics??? I think,where that guy McCahill test drives one.

Very cool! Your $100 you don't have was well spent in my opinion.That seller must not have explored many options for marketing it.You got yourself a good buggy there.:headbang:

Un-hijack.....

Carlisle.....get your rear in gear and be there.:burnout: