Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82 colors? timing chains!?!

what greens did the ea82 models come in? i know theres the tea green but did they ever make a forest green? or any other greens. the car im looking at has an extra 1800 engine and has timing chains? is this a ej18 im thinking? but just got the shibby on the car. 170k aftermarket forest green matelic 85 gl D/R. mint body supposdely. AWESOME COLOR!:banana:

called "Herb" or "Harb" green can't remember which

wheels

306IMG_0446.JPG

no wheels

306176-7654_IMG.JPG

loaded down

306IMG_4169.JPG

Hey you stole my car:banana: But mines not a turbo and thats the way it looked when I moved from AZ to PA. I had about 700 pounds of stuff in my car on the way back:clap: I have only seen 4 in this color now. Is that a factory sun roof?

Yeah, sunroofs were a factory option on at least the '85 year. I had a GL with the digital dash and factory sunroof, and very little rust... engine went and I got rid of it, which I now regret.

I think that's more than 700lbs. I've had 1,000 lbs of batteries (14 golf cart batteries, 86lbs each) in mine, and it didn't squat down that low. Awfully slow on hills though

Hey you stole my car:banana: But mines not a turbo and thats the way it looked when I moved from AZ to PA. I had about 700 pounds of stuff in my car on the way back:clap: I have only seen 4 in this color now. Is that a factory sun roof?

correct. just as GD said, all EA82, EJ and EG (EG33, SVX motor) had belts.

the EZ30s have chains. that way they're only one inch longer than an EJ22E

The EJ25 Belt is so Huge... Its unbelieveable.... woah big word to type.. who knows if i got it right.... i have to go liedown.

I thought the new H6 engines (EJ33?) had a timing chain? Obviously this isn't one of those though....

I thought the ER27 had chains. But I'm not sure.

I've seen a cut away EZ30 on a cut away auto trans. And it did have timing chains..

Althought I thought the EG33 also had chains..

I thought the ER27 had chains. But I'm not sure.

I've seen a cut away EZ30 on a cut away auto trans. And it did have timing chains..

Althought I thought the EG33 also had chains..

ER27 has the same front end setup (water pump, timing belts, cam sprockets, oil pump etc. etc.) as an EA82. also pistons, rods, and valves.

ditto EG33 to an EJ22.

here's a cool piece of trivia....did you know an EG33 is closed deck? AND has the same bore as an EJ22....so custom pistons would be easy.